pain in hip

miss maternal

Reaction score
Have had this pain in my hip and down my side of leg. think the little bugger is kicking me or laying awkward. I am also needing to urinate more and felt like i wet myself today with the pressure on my bladdar. Have been reading up on that SPD and am worried i may have that.

Does anyone else have a hippy chick in their tummy!:rofl:

I have no idea hun ...

Hope someone answers soon ... Tam would be a good one to talk to about SPD but shes a bit hectic at the mo :(

Bar that hope your well? x x

Sounds more like it could be siatica if it affected your leg more??

xxx

I've been getting a really sore hip in bed, I don't lie on it or anything but it gets really sore and doesn't ease up until mid morning. It's always the same hip as well. Sorry, no suggestions, but lots of sympathy

Sorry to reply late, trying to catch up the 500 posts i missed whilst at work. Quick reply B4 i go to bed, pm if u want more or chat on msn.

Mine started with niggly back that if i bent over ceased up. Alos had diffs turning over in bed, often pain on hip joint/clicky hip, leg unaffected so could be sciatica, depends on what part of leg affected.

hope it eases soon.

Try a pregnancy pillow. That might help. Hip might feel worse BECAUSE you are not laying on it.

Think you are right Imi with the sciatica. Its just the top part of my leg Caroline. The only thing that creeks is my neck when i move my head . OH had a word with baby last night and I have no pain today so it must have moved.:dance: I have started going to pregnancy aquafit and always feel stiff after that so could be that plus was bursting for a wee for a whole hour during session.:blush:

Have got this orthopedic pillow with a hole in the middle braedenand2 but im not sure if i put my bum or head in hole. I have stopped laying on my back now and it seems better as my huge arse presses on my back.:rofl:
Its nice to know another hippychick marley. mine is always the same hip too. Is yours the right or left hip?

Im fine thanks Wobbles. Dont get much time to look on here as OH always hogs the putter. Cant believe you are in second tri too. Its great isnt it.:happydance:

When Gabriel laid on a nerve i had pain in lower back and top of leg at the back especially when walking,

With spd the pain was inner leg as i walked.

I was having a nozy online and I think it's more likely to be PGP - pelvic girdle pain

I was having a nozy online and I think it's more likely to be PGP - pelvic girdle pain
sounds nasty.:shock: the pain has come back again and now is shooting down my right leg. its driving me mad. im going to speak to my midwife next thursday about it and see if she can prescribe phsyio or something.

does sound more like sciatica/position of bubs.:hugs:

What causes Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP)?

We are still learning about the exact causes of pelvic pain but it is thought that this softening, along with postural changes, muscle weakness and differences in the movement occurring between the left and right pelvic joints can cause too much stress on the joints, ligaments and muscles of the pelvis. Normally when you lie down, stand up or walk, your pelvis is in a 'locked' or stable position. Women who suffer from PGP are thought to perform these activities with a less stable or 'unlocked' pelvis. The result is inflammation or pain.

If you experience pain on or around your pubic bone at the front, you may be suffering from a condition known as Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD).

Pain at the back of the pelvis is known as Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) or sometimes referred to as Sacro-Iliac Joint (SIJ) pain. PGP is often confused with or misdiagnosed as sciatica. Sciatica is caused by inflammation or compression of the sciatic nerve as it leaves the spine. This may be caused by a damaged disc or by pressure from surrounding joints or ligaments. Research shows that only one per cent of women, on average, suffer from this during pregnancy. It is certainly not more likely to occur as a result of pregnancy. We now know that the majority of women who suffer from significant lower back or leg pain in pregnancy suffer from PGP.

What are the symptoms of PGP?

The pain is often one sided and may be concentrated in the buttock area. It may appear to jump from side to side or be accompanied by a general back pain or Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD). It can send shooting pains into your buttocks or down the back of your legs. If the pain is accompanied by pins and needles or numbness and extends further than your knee, it may be sciatica rather than PGP. You may also have pain in your hips. One or both of your legs may feel very weak and you may not be able to lift your legs, particularly when lying down.

What makes the pain worse?

The pain is usually made worse by lying on your back, turning over in bed, walking and standing from a sitting position. It is often worse at night and the degree of night pain you may experience will probably be related to how active you are during the day. Separating your legs, especially when sitting in a slumped position or lying down can be painful.

Taken from https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicgirdlepain/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->