Pain in hips and breasts when lying on either side?

Rachel89

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hoping your pregnancy is going well :flower:

I have had a problem sleeping on my right side for at least a good month now, it would cause a lot of hip pain which would even wake me up. I now get it on the other side too. Aside from that my breasts really hurt when I sleep on my side too :-(.

So I lay on my back, but I don't know what I will do when I cannot sleep on my back anymore. Is it possible to safely lay on your back later on? :flower:

Thank you so much:blush:

I struggled with hip pain for a while too. I bought a pregnancy pillow and found that it really helped. It allows you to sleep on your side, but to angle yourself so that all the pressure is not on your hips. For me, it was totally worth it.

From what I have heard, doctors disagree a bit on whether or not it is ok to sleep on your back. Some say it reduces blood flow to the baby and to you and that its not ideal, some say it is fine, particularly if you can't get comfortable in any other way. I read one study that said they can't exactly prove that there is a link between back sleeping and problems in pregnancy, but that something like a little over a third of all stillbirths happened to women who slept exclusively on their back. This might be total bunk and just coincidence, but I don't know. With the pillow, I am comfortable on my sides, so that is what I am doing now. Sometimes, I wake up on my back still. I decided not to stress about it too much. I really do think the most important thing is that you get some good sleep!

I wake up on my back a lot, my oh will try and push me to my side if he wakes up and sees me laying on my back but my hips ache so much I think I just end on my back without knowing in my sleep then feel guilty in the morning but I'm trying to see it as longs I'm not on my back from the time I sleep to the time I get up hopefully it should be fine but I do suffer with back ache and it that case I end up leaning on my oh all night as he is comfier than a pillow lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->