• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

pain in ribs (right quadrant) & 9 weeks pregnant.

jenmcn1

Expecting baby #4:)
Reaction score
Expecting baby #3 here. This morning, I had stabbing right sided pain in my ribs. I had gallbladder issues in my 1st pregnancy-but that wasn't until much later in my pregnancy.
Could this be just normal aches and pains?! Or something to be concerned about? Any advice I would appreciate thx!!
(And I don't see my midwife again, until Dec 5th).

Are you still in pain? Personally I don't think it's part of normal aches and pains given its location and especially your history. I'd get it checked out to be on the safe side. Hope you feel better soon!

I get random stabby pains in my ribs.

It only happens for a few seconds then goes away so I've not been too worried about it.

Thank you ladies, the pain only lasts a few seconds and then its gone. If it happens again I may get it checked.

I had a gallbladder attack this pregnancy at 10 weeks. I ended up in the ER on a drip with morphine. Mine went for hours though and was worse then labour pains spread right across my upper abdo. It could be your gallbladder I can't think of anything else it could be?

Thanks Ladies...so appreciate all your input. Yeah I think it's my gallbladder:( I can't believe it's kicking in THIS early:( I guess I have to stop eating any and all fatty foods. Although Im very healthy as it is...but the last week I've had a few treats that maybe I should just stop. *sigh*. The pain is still slightly there, but barely noticeable. If it gets worse, I will go to the ER...

Yeah, definitely stay away from those foods, dairy too can cause an attack. I did a juice fast almost 2 years ago and when I started incorporating a little bit of dairy back into my diet it sent me to the hospital with a very bad gallbladder attack. Then one day after almost a year I was eating a caeser salad and I ended up back in the hospital with another gallbladder attack. I had to have surgery to remove it. Good luck, gallbladder attacks suck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->