Pain, need advice pls

esther

Mum to Layla born June 09
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am 5 weeks this week, and I have been having little sharp pains mostly on my left side. They don't occur for long, and they are not incredibly painful or anything, but seeing this is my first baby, I am a little freaked out because I don't know what is normal and what is not. I have done a little research and read about round ligament pain, but I think it is too early in my pregnancy to be feeling this, especially since it is my first baby.

Is anyone else experiencing this as well? I have had no bleeding or anything so I am happy about that, but just very anxious.

Hi Esther

I had pain on my right side when I was 5-6 weeks pregnant and I went to my doctor as I was worried (this is my first pregnancy too). She said it was down to everything moving around inside to make way for the baby and as long as it didn't develop in to a really bad pain or accompanied by bleeding, I needn't worry.

Go and see your doctor if it persists, just to be on the safe side. But I'm sure you'll be fine.

Take care
Angela

Hi Angela

Thanks for your input and easing my anxiety, I did mention it to my doctor and he didn't really seem worried, he gave my abdomen a feel around but that was about it. I will keep an eye on it and if it does get bad or I do bleed I will up at the hospital straight away.

Esther

I also got those pains from about 4 weeks until about 7 weeks even. It felt like period pains. My doctor said that it was nothing to be worried about.
I also read that as long as it doesnt last for longer than 30 seconds at a time or accompnay bleeding then its normal. It's your uterus starting to expand and baby making himself comfortable in your uterus.

Hey thanks again for your input. I do have the dull cramps but these ones are sharp stabbing like pains which don't last long at all. Are they the same as you experienced? Mine especially on my left hand side, near my hip.

Hun pains/cramps are completely normal. Think of whats going on inside your body right now. Its just your uterus stretching and making room for bubs :) try not to worry x

If you experience severe pains and bleed, contact your mw or gp x

Thank you! I know I shouldn't worry as much and I really want to enjoy what is happening to my body but ever since I found out, I just over analyse everything that is happening. Seems to be a common thing, so I think I will rest easy tonight.

im completely the sam hun, i worry at every little pain or twinge. But im starting to realise if i spend all my time worrying and panicking all the time, ive never going to enjoy this pregnancy and we should be able to enjoy this wonderful experience !

x

Actually to be honest pains on one side need to be evaluated eventhough it can be nothing. Never diagnose yourself online. Always seek help to be safe then sorry. I am sure all is well though. Hugs

Did anyone experience mild backache, like what you would experience with your period?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->