Pain under left boob - nervous please help!

Zuki

Reaction score
For the last couple of weeks I've been getting sporadic sharp pains under my left boob, so in the heart area and it's making me really nervous.

It comes and goes, might happen a few times over the course of a day, or not at all. I mentioned it to the GP yesterday and she mentioned a pulmonary embolism so I'm more nervous but it's not accompanied by shortness of breath or tightness in my chest.

It's kind of like something I get every once in a while, sharp pain in the same place when I breathe and then you take a deep breath and it feels like something pops and the pain goes away.

Has anyone had anything like this? Could really do with my mind being put at rest, and I reeeeeeeeeeeally hate needles so I'm very nervous of going in for testing if it's likely to be nothing.

I use to have those and I think mine ended up being gas and indigestion! I'd take some gas pill first and then maybe something like Tagamet for imdigestion.

I wonder if it's the same thing I get. When I feel my sharp pain it completely stops me in my tracks and scares me. This sharp pain began when I was 13 and it comes and goes sporadically, no rhyme or reason. My mom took me for an EKG when I was 15 but they said they didn't find anything. The sharp pains continued to happen but I can go months or years without them. I spoke with another doctor when I was 20 after the sharp pains returned, he ordered another EKG but results were normal. I have no idea what is causing it but when it happens I feel like a knife is going through my heart for just a second, it will stop and then happen again for another second. I also get migraines but not sure if there is a link between the two. Other than that no health problems... it's a mystery.

Good luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"