Pain when sleeping on the side?

A

AquaDementia

Ah, this is starting to annoy me.
I am being a good mommy and avoiding sleeping on my back.
I am trying my best to sleep on either side, BUT, whenever I do that
I wake up in SO much pain on the side.
As in....the side of my butt is hurting.
I have no idea why this is happening. Our bed is very soft and before I was pregnant I had no trouble sleeping on the side. :hissy:

I find it so comfortable sleeping on my back sometimes I find myself holding my belly lol. I am finding sleeping is hard at the moment I keep waking up and not be able to get back to sleep for ages I just have to lay there awake which is not fair as i have work . Maybe try putting pillows under your bum or all around you to make you more comfortable ......... If i sleep on my side i find I am turing over to the other side all the time ...........

I agree with firsttimer, I'd try playing around with pillows and seeing if you can get any comfier that way. Try putting a pillow behind your back and lean against it. That way your not totally on your side but not totally on your back , that makes it super comfortable for me.

Get one of those big long pillows, you can hug into/around it and its so comfy!

This same thing happened to me, Aqua. I'm trying very hard to sleep on my left side as I hear the baby gets more nutrients that way, but I wake up and my butt muscle hurts.. and it's not just like if I touch it, it hurts, but if I move at all in the morning it's awkwardly painful. Weird. Maybe we're just lucky? lol

hahaha!!! yes, goldlion it is the exact same feeling i get!!
i wonder why it happens though?????

hmm have you tried placing a pillow between your knees? Give that a try it might help elevate your outer hip a bit better. Maybe it's just straining it..

I have the same thing but my pain is under my ribs of whatever side i'm sleeping on, I tried sleeping with a pillow between my legs but it doesn't seem to do much for me

yep, tried sleeping with a pillow between my knees. no pain this morning!!
thanks everyone.

I Know why your getting pain in your bum!!!!

I get it as well, more on my right side then my left but i do get it, i'm going pyscio(sp)? for it, cos the pain is in my back as well, your trapping a nerve and your muscle in your bum are tight, my pyscio women told me to go and do some excerises to get the muscles and nerves lose and it would help the back as well.

I have been having a really hard time with this side sleeping thing, I love sleeping on my back! So all through the night I find myself waking up on my back and having to reposition to my side. I also have been getting lower back pain and hip pain, kinda in my butt like you girls are talking about. My friend told me to get this pillow called The Big V, she swears its a lifesaver. I ordered one from target.com so I will let you know if it helps when I get it. I cant imagine how sleeping is going to be when we get real big!

i thought it got better, but nope. it is even worse now.
:(
and i stand up all day at both of my jobs. blaaah.

I can not sleep on my right side at all, if I do for any pierod of time I wake up in so much pain! Somone gave me a link on SPD(not sure if thats right??) and I think that's what mine is. But I dont have the link :(

my dr. said i probably have sciatica, however I found that my symptoms are more in line with Pelvic Girdle Pain.
Regardless of what it actually is, I went and purchased a back support belt, famously called "mommy belt" and I can honestly say that my back and leg pain has improved in only 2 days of wearing the brace.
I really hope that it goes away with this back support because physio is not covered by our healthcare here, and I can't afford treatments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->