Pain- when to call the doctor?

krissie328

Reaction score
So I'm 5.5 weeks right now. I've been having bit of pain in my left side for about a week. Last night I couldn't even sleep on that side because it was bothering me. During the day it seems to ache but nothing like stabbing pains.

I just don't want to go to the doctor if it's normal. I did ovulate from that side so I've wonder if it's not the corpus luteum causing the discomfort.

I would go to the doctor just to get checked out to rule out an ectopic pregnancy you shouldn't really be in that much pain of its just stretching pains, hope all is ok though

I would get checked out as well, just to rule out ectopic, with my ectopic my pain came and went to begin with then when it was close to rupturing and then ruptured the pain was unbearable x

Thanks ladies. That's what I was thinking. Plus we are going out of town at the end of the week and I'm not sure how close a hospital would be.

Yeah I would agree with the other ladies. I had some pain, but not like you have described - as in being too uncomfortable to lay on one side.

For peace of mind, get yourself checked out. My Dr did an internal exam that helped him rule out ectopic pregnancy, it's not 100% foolproof but it does help to give some reassurance.

It's most likely not ectopic but it's best to be safe than sorry. I had horrible right sided pain around that time. I even called my doctor and scheduled an ultrasound. Ultrasound showed it wasn't ectopic. I'm guessing it was my cyst since I ovulated from that side. I just had an ultrasound at 10 weeks and the cyst is still there. I was even getting bad shoulder pains on that side. The pain went away about a week later. Try not to worry, but you should get it checked to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->