Pain when walking

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
I'm normally very fit and active outside of pregnancy, however the past few weeks I have been getting some pain when I walk in my lower tummy, it's both sides and it improves with slowing down but I'm worried it's pointing towards something being wrong! I can't walk for more than 10 minutes without the pain starting and it carries on until I stop and sit and rest for a bit! It feels like a sharp crampy sort of pain?

Round ligament pain? I know I have pain when I change positions (particularly if I roll over a certain way in bed or go from sitting to standing), so perhaps it's related to the movement?

I tend to worry over every little pinch and pull as well, but when it comes down to it our bodies are in overdrive right now so some pains are to be expected. Right now I'm trying to focus on the idea that everything is a good sign, unless/until I hear otherwise.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Yes it's most likely your ligaments. When you get pregnant you get higher and higher levels of the hormone progesterone and one of progesterone's actions is to make everything looser and more relaxed so that your uterus can grow and push everything up and also so your pelvis can be more flexible during birth :)
The ligaments create a hammock, along with the muscles, under your organs to support everything that sits in the pelvis so as your uterus grows it pulls and stretches all of these things, it can be especially sore during a growth spurt, then ease off for a month, then get sore again.
It's very normal and actually a good sign and the best thing to do is respond to what your body is telling you and just take it a bit easier, walk slower and have a rest when you get home.
I remember with my first pregnancy I had some very strange feelings around ten weeks, it felt like things were really growing. This time I've had a lot more pain *sigh*
Hope it eases up a bit soon xx

thank you girls, I dont remember having this with my first pregnancy! its actually quite frustrating because i'm usually so active!

Sounds line it could be PGP (pelvic girdle pain) I had this all the way though my last pregnancy, isn't the nicest of things, but you can get Physio for it

I had this with all of my pregnancies so far. I brought it up to the nurses when I was pregnant with my first and all she could say is being pregnant you have to stretch more prior to exercise.

I get a similar sounding pain when rolling over in bed or sneezing! In fact, I dread sneezing as my whole stomach and lower legs seem to cramp up! It's quite painful! I've found it more difficult to be active in pregnancy than I expected, first through sickness and now because everything aches and I'm honestly so exhausted after work that I just crash on the sofa! Pre-pregnancy, I swam, ran, lifted weights and walked everywhere. I've not done any of that for most of my pregnancy.. :( You can only do what you can, your body is working pretty hard right now, your little human dictates the rules and maybe they just need you to take it easy at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->