Pain WITHOUT tightening

J

JackiePed

Ok.. it's sort of a non-issue right now because this happened last night, and it has since eased off, but for future reference I figured I'd ask. I was getting really worked up last night worrying.

Has anyone had waves of pain in their bump without tightening? What does it usually end up being?

I woke up around 3 a.m., tossing, turning, feeling like something wasn't right. (Kept half-dreaming that I was worried about going into labor because my husband's tie was too bright... and dammit I told him not to wear those ties yet because the baby's not ready! :haha:)
Then I realized in my twilight sleep that I was getting sharp, radiating pain throughout my abdomen that was VERY short-lived, would come in waves, and wasn't associated with tightening at all. So... it didn't SOUND like contractions to me... but I couldn't figure it out. Felt like poo cramps, but no poo made any arrivals. (Also not constipated.) No gurgling, no throwing up, no other signs of gastro-intestinal sickness.

Naturally, I worried it was some bizarre form of contractions, and my husband was scheduled to fly out on business at 11 a.m. today...for 5 days! Ugh.

So... it would come in waves, last literally 10 seconds or so (so not long at all), radiate all over my abdomen and then finish in my back, and then subside, but I felt my stomach and it did not feel tight during those. In between those, I'd feel the occasional strong braxton hicks tightening, but they never happened together, and weren't really 'timeable' unless they were happening every 20 minutes or something. I don't really know. This went on until around 6 a.m., and then I fell asleep, so not sure what happened after that.

Obviously... it didn't continue or turn into a labor emergency... but if it happens again I figured asking here first might put my mind at ease.

I hate worrying about this stuff. He needs more time in there, and I HAVE NO HUBBY RIGHT NOW!! :brat: Sigh.... I have no risk factors for ptl, so I really shouldn't stress... but I stress more about this stuff when I'm traveling, or when hubby's traveling.

And I did try changing positions (it was actually impossible to get comfortable :(), to make sure it wasn't me lying on a weird nerve.... and today I just have had more BH than normal, but no more of those shooting waves of pain.

I'm kinda going through similar thing to you, I've had lower back ache since Friday night and keep getting odd wave of pain through abdomen also without tightenings and getting odd braxton hick too, some of which tighten and some don't! It's so confusing! I keep thinking & worrying about ptl aswell but have no other signs of labour so it's :shrug:
Hope it doesn't start again for you, especially with hubby being away! My biggest worry is that I haven't had time to buy flannels yet to go in my hospital bag! :haha: always manage to focus my worry on trivial things!
Sorry I couldn't shed any light on the situation for ya!

Well, I figure... unless I'm a strange small percentage that "didn't know they were in labor"... I'd certainly figure it out in time... my hospital is only 20 mins away... but it's the figuring out what to do with my kiddos that really messes with me. I'm sure it's fine. If it were labor, it would be regular, and I'm almost sure it would tighten along WITH the pain, as I get plenty of strong BHs that tighten right up. You'd think my labor contractions would, then, also.

I agree with ya. It's a pain in the ass tho cos it's worry we could do without! Unless I my 'contractions' got regular or I started showing other signs I just won't bother hasselling any professionals.. Just my OH's nerves :haha:

I had the same exact thing happen to me yesterday morning. Felt like waves of knives stabbing me kind of.. Or like seperation/tearing all over and then just as fast as it came, it went. There wasn't any tightening with it and it happened 3 different times (no set pattern). I get about needing a little notice about what to do with the kiddos. We own a business and I'm paranoid that I'll go into labor when we're booked solid and in a frenzy. I'm also really nervous about leaving the kiddos for the 4 or so days I'll be in the hospital too. Although I'll enjoy being with the LO and not picking up toys and filling sippy cups, I do worry about not being there to keep an eye on everything. Xanax drip, anyone?! :haha: I've also had those sharp pains in my cervix but they make me happy because I know it's my who-ha preparing for LO to come (even though I'll be gettin' a section). :happydance: Hope you're feeling better now :)

I seem to be having this tonight, for the last 40 mins. It feels like sharp little pains across the top and middle of my bump, but not the bottom. No tightening either. Feels like Baby has a flimsy plastic fork and is stabbing his way out. No rhythm or anything, just kinda constant but in random places.

Probably has more to do with the 3 slices of pizza I wolfed down 2 hours ago - hopefully just gas. I'm really not in the mood to go into labor tonight! :haha:

I had this a week or so ago and I woke up to a dropped bump, so I figured it was just baby engaging. It kind of makes sense, I had period pain on the way up so I just had the same on the way back down, but more intense as it happened in one night. I now get those stabbing pains in my cervix which I figured is baby's head headbutting me. x

When I was in labour with my son, I had no tightenings just pain, although the contractions showed up on the machine I didnt feel the tightening. Keep a eye on them if they return! x

When I was in labour with my son, I had no tightenings just pain, although the contractions showed up on the machine I didnt feel the tightening. Keep a eye on them if they return! x

Wow, really? I didn't know this was possible!

im geting this everynight?
very sharp pains under my bump.. enough to take my breath away.
almost like a stretching feeling..hope it turns into something real in the next week or so!

Munchkinn.. if they're under your bump, that sounds like mean round ligament pain.... I get it too, it's alll across the bottom of the bump, and it burns and cramps...but it feels like it's on the outside of your bump and not the inside?

Well, I haven't gotten those pains in over 24 hrs, so it's obviously nothing of concern.... sure didn't like it though. Ugh.

Thanks so much for everyone's help and thoughts on it!

Wow, really? I didn't know this was possible!

Yup, I waited around at home from 3am until 11am with pains which I thought I had because I was constipated :haha:. Until I had a bloody show and went into the maternity assesment unit where they gave me a internal, during which my waters broke and found out I was 6cm. Daniel was born at 5.37pm and in all that time I didnt feel any tightenings...just pain!!. Very weird I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->