Painful BHs + possible mucus plug??

krulci

Reaction score
Hey everyone! New here! I'm 30.5 weeks with #2 and have had painful Braxton hicks for weeks, now. I had them for all of the third tri with DS, but never painful... Now I seem to be losing chunks of my mucus plug? The BHs are still sporadic, but I'm wondering if I should call my midwife? It's the weekend and I hate to bother her. Would you wait until Monday morning or call tonight?

Thanks for the advice!

I would never hesitate to call. They would much rather talk to you, see you, and send you home over nothing than have you sit, wait, worry, and potentially miss something important.

I'd call. I know it feels like a burden, and I just had to do this today as well ( and worried about the same thing... I didn't want to bother them for nothing), but even the nurse reassured me that they would much rather make sure all is well than miss something

Good luck!!! :hugs:

I agree with pp. I always feel like a burden but the midwives at the hospital are always really nice and reassure me that it was the best thing to do and tell me to ring back if I'm ever concerned :)

If the BHs are painful then yes. First pg I had a false labour at 32wks and was told off by my mw for not going in. I didn't know that they weren't doing anything and at that early stage they would have monitored me and the baby and tried to stop the contractions. There's a good chance you have an irritable uterus, which means you're more susceptible to bhs but do check. The plug also isn't necessarily anything to worry about as it rejuvenates, but the bhs may have started to dilate you, which is why you lost some. Definitely check it out.

Thank you for your responses! Comforting to know I'm not crazy. :haha: I'll probably have her check for dilation... Fingers crossed we make it another six weeks!

hope all ok. Ive been having strange sensations since 29 weeks lasted 24hrs an i timed outa curiosity an got them every 1-2 mins averagin a min long. They werent strong then an nothing stopped them but i could forget them (that mild) ive been havin on of stomach aches last week or so too an i think ive lost some mucous plug (not show)too. Am 31+2.

Princessatmey - I hope you can keep your LP cooking too! Sounds like we're having a lot of similar symptoms. Are you a ftm?

After posting I've started feeling like a bowling ball is hanging from my groin!!:wacko: That coupled with some lower back pain has me benched. So hard to know what's in my head and what's real! :shrug:

no bubs no 3 for me, never had this with them. Had sore in pelvis when bubs engagin 36+wks then but seem gettin that now. An today its diff so thinkin bubs lower. Alot tightnings an movements tool had bad stomach cramps but i did eventually do bm so pressume that caused it as not had much/anythin since, ecept tightnin an bubs moving/jiggin. I have 32 weeks scan tues (ill be 32+3) so may let slip uncomfy lol see what say. Take care hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->