Painful braxton hicks?

marigold91

Reaction score
Hi all! I don't post very often but could use some advice :)

With my first pregnancy, my braxton hicks weren't painful, and I thought I've always been told that braxton hicks are just pressure whereas real contractions are painful. Last night around 3am I woke up with these pains that felt like contractions - they came and went, bump went hard, etc. On a scale of 1-10 pain they were probably like a 3 or 4 - sort of similar to diarrhea cramps where it feels intense for a moment, and then it's fine. I went through about 4 or 5 of them before I was able to fall back asleep. I've felt "two" of them this morning. Overall this morning my bump just feels very tight.

Do you think this is okay? Are braxton hicks sometimes painful? What if it's just cramps because I need a bowel movement...? Lol! I'm not constipated but I would hate to be making a big deal about it, go into the office, and find out that I just need to poop. Lol.

Hmm my cramps are usually cramps for constipation or gas. Braxton hicks shouldn't be painful.. And if you have something like 5 an hour you should call someone just to be sure. Could be you are dehydrated too but if you are still getting quite a few and they are uncomfortable then I'd call just to be safe :)

Mine usually aren't painful but I've had a few times that felt almost too intense to NOT be something wrong. Definitely call if they become regular. Usually they should go away if you go for a walk or stretch a little bit ~

You may just need to drink extra water. This can happen if dehydrated.

But FYI they can get stronger/more frequent with the more babies you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->