• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Painful exam

Amelie_L

Reaction score
Had my 37 week exam today and was given my first cervical exam this pregnancy. I have read and heard about how uncomfortable they can be (my first pregnancy wasn't checked until labor started and they were uncomfortable and manageable) but yikes!
OMG did it hurt!!!!! DH was there and it was so bad I actually might have dug my fingernails into his hand. I was just about ready to either scream and/or cry. Thank god my wonderful OB, bless her, could tell that she was hurting me and stopped. it turns out I am only 1cm dilated - disappointing!.
Anyone else feel more than uncomfortable with the cervical exam? Or is my pain tolerance just that bad?!!? I can't wait for more of them especially while in labor...not!

A

Oh yes. Mine was very painful last week at 36wks.

Felt like she was struggling and I could tell she was having a hard time.

Ended up being 2cm but long and thick cervix.

Not to mention I had just been diagnosed 2wks prior with symphasis pubic dysfunction! So yea it hurt!!! Lets see how this Friday goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->