painful ovulation anyone???

Charliemarina

expecting #4
Reaction score
hey ladies well as the title asks really, do any of u girls suffer from ovulation pain on a monthly basis?

i get really bad ov pains some months but some months its very mild but its ALWAYS there for ovulation, the pains fit in with my cm, pos opks ( if i use them) and my temps for 15 months at every ov day and day after iv suffered with side pain mostly on right but it does vary month for month i mean some months its crippling like i have to lay down or even sleep for it to settle, thing is iv had this my whole fertile life but i never did get why every month i got these pains as i was young and not paying attention or learning about my body but since been temping and TTC iv defo diagnosed my self with bad Mittelschmerz, so what about u ladies do u suffer badly too at times?? i mean sometimes i dread ov coz i know its 2 days of being uncomfy and does not help wen :sex: needs to be done at same time :hissy:

iv pasted some info on ov pain below for any ladies who have not yet heard of this :).........

OVULATION PAIN EXPLAINED!

Mittleschmerz is also called ovulatory pain or ovulation pain and rightly so.

Mid cycle pain usually start suddenly, coinciding with the moment of release of eggs from the ovary. It is normally a dull pain, occurring on the right or left lower abdomen, depending on which ovary just released the egg. The pain could last from a few minutes to 3 to 8 hours and then disappears.
In some cases, the pain of mittleschmerz may be sharp, severe, cramp-like like menstrual pain it self, lasting a few hours or up to 3 to 6 days.

Mittleschmerz could occur every month or sometimes once in three to four months.

This pain could be severe in some young ladies, causing them to bend over, mimicking serious causes of lower abdominal pain like appendicitis, twisted or ruptured ovarian cyst, and even appendicitis.

What differentiate this pain from the appendicitis, ectopic pregnancy or ovarian twist or rupture is the fact that this pain is recurrent, over months, and all investigations or scans done will come back to be normal.

Mittleschmerz is thought to be due to an accompanying slight bleed into the linings of the wall of the pelvis called the peritoneum at the moment of the release of eggs during ovulation. Ultrasound scan at mid-cycle has been reported to detect a more than usual amount of fluid in the pelvic pouch in as much as 40 percent of women.

Free blood in contact with the peritoneum causes irritation, transmitted as mid-cycle pain.

The bleeding may even track out as vaginal very small vaginal spotting.

The pain is usually in the lower abdomen, right or left side depending on which side an egg is released from.

The pain could be so specific that a woman may be able to tell from which ovary she has released an egg for that month. It may be severe enough to cause disruptions of normal day to day activities.

Not every woman who ovulates feels or experiences mid-cycle pain. It occurs in 1 in 5 women.

Typically, mid cycle pain is common in young women (in the adolescent age group) within a few months to years of starting her period or menstruation, commonly seen in the 11 to 30 year olds, though this pain can occur at any time up to 45years of age.

Mid-cycle pain or Mittleschmerz could be confused for, and needs to be differentiated from appendicitis if it is occurring on the right or in the right ovary, and can also be confused for ectopic pregnancy if there is associated vaginal bleed or spotting.

I had painful ovulation after my MMC. I used to have it when I was younger (in my teens) but otherwise hadn't had it that much. Would kind of build up over a few days to a sharp pain which would immediately dissipate.
I actually didn't have it (maybe? I had really bad gas pain, but temps say I O'd 3 days after that) the month I conceived (I took B vitamins that month to see if I could lengthen my luteal phase).

I never really noticed it before but then I wasn't paying much attention.

The past two months though I have noticed that I have had pains around that time of the month. I think I ovulated yesterday and last night I was in such pain - it felt like I had been doing hundreds of sit ups and like I had a stitch on my left hand side :wacko:

oh its horrid isnt it huns i find it so hard to :sex when it like that but its the best time, i just soldier through in hope to get thats beany some months its kind and is mild only few hours but sometimes it doubles me over on ov day and day after :hissy: xx

Last month we were out when I got it and it was really uncomfortable. Luckily OH and I had already dtd before I got it yesterday - it came on later in the evening and I did think it might stop me sleeping but it didn't.

Will be interesting to see if I get it in the left or right hand side next month, if it happens again. At least if I find I do get it every month then I should be able to tell when to :sex: if I do decide to stop using the opks and temping in the future I suppose.

:sex: is very uncomfortable when ive got the ovary pain!!!and then seems to be hightend after :sex: !!!rushes down me legs and everything!!been the docs and hes not to concerned about it but OUCH!!!that was before i new it was ovary pain lol.i also get shooting pain like inside my lu lu uno the canal bit AF comes down its like contractiony feelins in my cervix and trhe day after AF arrives but ive been geting them pains since i was MC'n and ever since and bleedin came and went (was MC bleed) and no AF yet am hopen the :witch: stays away and i get another BFP!!!xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->