Painful to walk at 35 week, is this normal?

AnnaCat09

#4 due 3/28/18
Reaction score
I'm 35 weeks and can only stand or walk for about a half hour before I start getting horrible pain in my lower abdomen, pelvis and hips, especially on my left side. I can barely put weight on my left leg without intense pain. The pain could bring me to tears if I don't take a breather. If i stand and walk around longer than an hour standing, walking and sitting become very painful. Laying down is the only comfortable postion these days, however, I can't lay down for the next 3-4 weeks. This makes housework and going to the store almost impossible. I know baby is head down but this is baby #2 and I didn't experience this with my first. Is this normal or a sign baby may come sooner than expected? Will relief come soon or not until I give birth?

Thanks ladies!

It's very normal to feel pain/pressure at this point. I can barely finish the dishes before I'm hunched over and leaning on the counter. The good news is at least it's third tri so not too terribly long left!

:hugs: Sorry you are hurting... Ive been like this since about 28 weeks.. and it suuucks.. some days are better then others but still.. hope you find something that somewhat eases the pain for you even if for just a lil while :flower:

I would have said it was normal pregnancy pain until I experienced the same thing. I got to 37 weeks (coincidentally when she engaged) and developed a really achey painful hip and pelvis, then last weekend I bent over to pick up my toddler and heard a really loud click - my hip gave way and I could no longer move it!
I ended up in A&E with crutches and codiene. I've now been diagnosed with SPD/PGP and can't walk without crutches or get up and down from sitting positions.

I'd definitely say get checked out before it gets worse! I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone, especially when pregnant!

Edit - there's a massive difference between "oh I'm so achey because baby is heavy" and "omg I feel like my pelvis is about to snap in half!" If it doesn't feel better after rest, I'd say it's not 'normal'.

I spoke to my midwife about the pain I felt when walking and she said its normal as the baby is moving down and putting pressure on the pelvis. Right now my baby is resting her head on my pelvic bone

I didn't have it with my first either. This one.... ouchhhhh

I get it too!

My midwife said it's down to him being partly engaged and putting pressure on my pelvis and him possibly sitting on a nerve at the same time! Doesn't help i have spd too!

But yes from what i have been told it's normal

Mine is partly baby position and some of it is pgp - I'm fine if I don't overdo it and rest lots

Thanks for all the responses ladies! I went to the midwife today and she checked my cervix. I am one centimeter dialated and baby's head is extremely low which is causing the discomfort. I just have to take it easy and rest frequently when I have to be up and about.

I had it with my first but not this one, I was crippled from 20 weeks with dd1! This one hasn't dropped at all... I'm not sure what I prefer the weeing every 2 minutes and crippling pain trying to walk or the inability to breathe and tear inducing reflux! Ah the joys of pregnancy!

Depending on how bad it is, it may be just regular pregnancy pains and aches, but it could be SPD as also mentioned if its bad. Mention It to your care provider...

I too have SPD this time around and it sucks.

Iv just googled this! There is actually a term for the pain us ladies are going through! Mine is terrible and on the right hand side xx

AnnaCat, everything you're experiencing, word for word, I'm also experiencing! I thought I was a rare case, especially with the pain getting to the point of leg weakness and failure. I had to get my husband to help me walk around the house (bathroom, kitchen, etc.) Eventually, I just ended up using my computer chair which has wheels to help me get around the house. Thank the Lord for bungalows!! My midwife says my pain is largely due to my baby lying on my right hip (affected hip) and pressing down on the sciatic nerve. PGP is also a result of this, and she says to try to get him to move off that hip and turn to the other side, or the middle. The trick she gave me was to use an ice pack on his bum while lying on the side I want him to turn to, and just leave the pack there until he moves. She says the cold usually is enough of an incentive for the baby to move away and give some relief. I tried it last night and he moved a little, but now he's BACK to the same position. I guess I have a stubborn baby :/

RCAFWIFE - so sorry to hear anyone else is experiencing this pain. My husband also has to help me around the house, take my shoes off, get in and out of bed and up and down our stairs. It's rough but we'll get through it cuz in the end we get beautiful babies out of it.

A friend of mine told me about www.spinningbabies.com and I've been trying some of their techniques that are supposed to help turn posterior babies (which I'm pretty sure mine is). I just started today, and I'm not sure if it will even work, but I gotta try something or else I'll go nuts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->