Pains in hands

Lilycakes

Reaction score
I've been getting this, every evening for the past week. I googled. It, and it says, it could be carpal tunnel syndrome. Has anyone got this or had it previously. Does it get worse. I'm only 14 weeks :wacko:

I've been getting this, every evening for the past week. I googled. It, and it says, it could be carpal tunnel syndrome. Has anyone got this or had it previously. Does it get worse. I'm only 14 weeks :wacko:

I've had very painful hands for about two weeks :(

Hi,

I'm a lurking TTCer but I had carpal tunnel through my first pregnancy. It would be best to get this checked by your doctor to confirm. Mine started as pins and needles and then became painful. Sadly it lasted through most of my 2nd and 3rd trimesters. However, if it is carpal tunnel, I found wrist splints (the ones with a metal splint in it) helped enormously. It disappeared when my son was born. However, not everyone has it as long so hopefully it will only be shortlived for you. If it gets really bad your Dr can arrange for you to have injections to alleviate it, but mine was never so bad to need that and I preferred to use the splints knowing it would likely disappear once I had the baby.

I hope this is helpful.

I've had this for two weeks now. My Dr said its carpal tunnel and recommended splints. Mine started as pins and needles and I would wake up at night and shake, rub, bend, anything to wake it up. Then it started getting painful. The splint alleviates the really bad pain but my wrist is pretty weak and my fingertips stay numb even with it. Now my other hand is starting up.

I really hope it doesn't last for you. Try splints though they are magic for sleeping!

Just got a warning from the midwife today regarding this exact sort of thing. She said due to the hormone our bodies produce to allow our bones to bend and joints to stretch, it can cause carpal tunnel and lots of joint pains.. Had no idea.. :\ Hope it doesn't stick around. From what she was saying, it sounds like it's supposed to be temporary.

I had carpal tunnel last pregnancy, only developed in third trimester and mainly affected me at night. Pains and pins and needles mainly in my hands were due to pressure of increased fluid build up near joints. Medication such as steroids are not recommended during pregnancy so I was prescribed some wrist splints which I wore at night. Carpal tunnel pains disappeared when I was wearing the splints so I was very happy. Symptoms immediately disappeared as soon as the baby was born.

A woman on the birthing shows I watch developed it while pregnant, it went away after baby was born but then came back.

I am 37w and have been having some pain in my hands but it comes and goes quickly. I hope it doesn't actually turn into ct. My doc told me before that a splint slightly holds the hand back, which promotes better circulation. So I just do wrist exercises and hold my hand back when it hurts.
So far it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->