PAL Spring 2011 babies - Welcome Mason, Iris, Lily, Isaac, Luca & Dominic !!!!

lovely name and I am so sorry, I remember you from Sands and I can't believe you have to go through it again.

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) sending you and your family lots of love

Juste

xxxxx

Thank you so much girls.

TB not inappropriate at all, perfect :hugs:

happy 42 weeks Jamie!!!
happy 36 weeks Sam and myself!!!

wow 36 weeks... this is getting closer!!!

happy 42 weeks Lea!!!
happy 40 weeks momto4girls!!!
happy 36 weeks Clo!!!
happy 34 weeks xshell79!!!

Only six more days untill you're full term Tibs, are you getting excited?

i think "terrified" is the better word :p

all the what if questions are flooding my head
what if i don't like her?
what if i suck as a parent?
what if she's not happy with us?
what if i can't take care of her after all?

those middle 2 are seriously bothering me lately...
i tried bringing them up to OH yesterday but once he wasn't listening,
second time he was just like "oh silly, you'll do better than me anyway"
i don't think he realises i was being serious.
was too tired to bring it up more, so will try again today (after a nap hehe)

Hello ladies!

A quick introduction to Miss Iris Cascadia, who decided to join us with open arms and a robust squall on April 11, 2 days before the scheduled exit. She was born by a (rather traumatic) c-section shortly after 3pm, although I went into labor several hours after my lovely baby shower/birthday party the night before - I’m SO glad I made it, perhaps she wanted to come celebrate as well?

Iris weighed in at 7.3 pounds & was 19.7 in, adorable as hell, acing her apgar and happy to be here at last. Isak is thrilled to finally be a real big brother and as he said upon meeting her, “She has really cute toes and I think I will love her forever!” We echo the sentiment.

We finally got home Friday evening (after a long 5 days in hospital) and are still a bit dazed, but will have more details and pics to come when I have time to come up for air.
SO in love…

I hope everyone is well! Who’s left?

Attachments

• Iris.jpg
    Iris.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 10
  • flower.jpg
    flower.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 6
congratulations Ru!!!! she's gorgeous!

19.7cm? i take it you mean inch? :p (would make her 50cm...roughly)

oooh and i have the same flower on my list (i think, is it the one with lights in it too?)

TB - don't worry about the anxieties (that doesn't make sense - lol)

It's normal to panic about certain things. I too worried that I'd not be a good mummy or that he wouldn't like me! But it all falls into place! I couldn't even confidently hold a 10lb baby before having Olly and next thing I know i'm having to handle a 4lb baby and change/dress him etc and i'm all cack-handed and do things wrong, like buttoning his sleepsuits up wrong and squirting breastmilk in his face - but i'm his mum and i'm allowed to make little mistakes along the way because we are both learning. They don't come with a set of instructions.

And of course you'll like her! You'll like her more than anything in the world!!!! You might like her a teeny bit less when she is screaming at 4am but that 'like' will still be more than anything you've ever liked before so you wont mind! lol :hugs:

Aww nice one Beadette, you got that spot on!

She'll love you TB!! :hugs:

had gyn apointment this morning!
my cervix has shortened and is softer... gyn gives me 2 more weeks, wow!!!

Yes, yes, of course I meant inches :dohh: they actually wrote it down wrong on her cot card (the year too - according to this she's 10 years old).
We weathered the first week well, though it's taken work to keep the feeds on track, but we've had excellent weight gain & pinkening since we got home. I'm loving the double trumpet moo machine we rented to supplement feeds with my own milk, and she's getting back on the boob regularly again. She takes our breath away... my heart is full of helium and joy... though one of these days I'll relate the less than ideal surgical chaos that got her from the inside to the out... :cloud9: Love to all the mommies and new babes and remaining bumps... (more pics of Miss Iris)

And yes, the flower is the one with the little orange lights in the petals - Isak loved it when he was a baby, we had it over the change table and he'd stare at it in awe, allowing much easier diaper switches and earning it the title of "Poop Flower". :laugh2:

Attachments

• MissIris.jpg
    MissIris.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 8
lol, yes in day care they have alot of poop flower, poop bees and poop mirrors to entertain the kids :D

she's so adorable, looking sooo relaxed!
can't wait to hold mine!

i lol'ed my way through your writings again "double trumpet moo machine" had me on the floor LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->