PAL Winter babies (December to February ish)

Rowan- I think I would go for the elective c-section, why do they have to give you a spinal and an epidural for the c-section?

Thanks hon - they havent given me the option of an elective yet unfortunately - unless martha is still breech at 36 weeks - so I suppose she'll lead the way

I am a bit funny with anaesthetics - locals tend not to work on me and Im v v resistant to general as well and take a long time to wake up - so for an elective the Dr was thinking if I had a spinal and an epi which could be constantly topped up it may be the same affect as a normal epi on someone else

Im trying to be positive about it but struggling at times! I think Im just so concerned to get martha out safe and sound its making me a little anxious!

sorry am rambling on! You now when you just need to process something and get your head round it? I need to relax and take Marthas lead - if she turns then v labour it is with the risk of an emergency section just the same as anyone else but with GA - if she doesnt then hopefully elective section it is....

if I could opt for elective tho I definately would! :)

Hey ladies hope your doing well..

Well made to vday milestone.. now to hit 3rd tri and full term..had an appt yesterday for 24 weeks and all is going great.. babys hb was in the 130s this time.. hoping that means a boy lol.. would love a little boy but im happy either way.. after the last year i have had i just want a healthy baby..

next appt is dec 7th the glucose test.. :)

Welcome to the group Gill and congrats on a healthy little boy bundle..

lilrojo- thats great hun, its feels so good to make hit each new milestone.

Rowan- you are not rambling! Is the only thing that makes you nervous about the vaginal birth the thought of something going wrong and having to have general anesthetics? If I could have a vaginal birth again this time I would be all over it. Im terrified about the csection but I know its whats best for me. I think you are right little Martha will show you whats best for her. Just try to relax as much as possible and think about a positive birth experience.

Gill- Congrats and welcome!

My sweet little boy gets to come home today! He might have to be on a monitor, but he still gets to come home!

Thats great news Nichole!!

How is everyone else doing?

I am doing well, i've started the count down until her arrival, 28 more days!!! I had my last growth scan last week, she is still only in the 10th percentile for size, but they don't seem to be worried about her bowels or size. They think she is just a small little girl. I just want her here so bad!

Nichole... that is fabulous news.. so happy to hear he finally is coming home.. right in time for the holidays..

so happy for you Nichole! :happydance: Glad your little man is doing so well. we need some photos here!!!!

:hugs:

Today I had my last scan and all is looking good.
My induction date is next Monday (28th November) it can take up to 24 hrs so fingers cross it will happen after first attempt.

Because of my diabetes I have to go in to hospital on Sunday night to monitor my sugar levels.
My friend's little boy was very ill just 3 hrs after he was born because his sugar levels were so low. Lets just hope that our little girl will be fine.
I was really controlling my sugars and carbohydrates well ( 9 weeks since I was diagnosed as diabetic ) and I put on only 4kg! ( 8.8lbs) during whole pregnancy which is so good as I really want to loose lots of weight after pregnancy.

Hospital bag nearly done! Just some snacks and few little things to ready, but main things are ready.

OMG this time next week I could be screaming my head off!!!

brilliant news Nichole :)

not long now lovelost :flower:

ooo blue butterfly its nearly time - how exciting (and nerve wracking!) fingers crosed first attempt will work

were good - 35 weeks - yey! my bump has dropped loads - can put my hand flat on my breastbone and can feel ribs again! shes still v much a wriggler :) shes head down according to the mw - yey - so will take her lead and see what happens! Getting excited and nervous! going to pack hospital bag at the weekend :flower:

Pictures!!!!!

Attachments

• Dimitri1.jpg
    Dimitri1.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Dimitri2.jpg
    Dimitri2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Dimitri3.jpg
    Dimitri3.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2
what a handsome little man Nichole!!!

Blue-good luck with the induction hun, keep us up to date!

Rowan- not long for you either so exciting!

Nichole what a cutie pie.. love how alert he is.. :)

Good luck Blue hope induction goes well and your little girl is perfect, in regards to her sugars..

Rowan not long for you either best of luck hun..

Love you either, best of luck.. :)

Cant believe how far along all you ladies seem tobe.. Im only 26 weeks.. haha but getting there.. one week to 3rd tri..

hey ladies just thought i would let you know babes still in breech so booked in for elective CSection on 6th dec ! Still potential time to turn but actually coming round to idea of c-section now, no sweating, puffing or panting just layback and let the dr do the hard work!

Nicole he is gorgeous! love the photos!

Sorry to hear APSmum that baby is still breech.. but like you said no panting or pushing that way.. but hoping too that baby may still turn.. if you want him to... :) and wow Dec 6th is only 2 weeks away.. my 28 week appt is the 7th.. Best of luck toyou.. keep us posted..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->