palpitations..

saffy1978

Mummy to 5!
Reaction score
I've heard that palpitations are normal during pregnancy. But I'm getting them about every 5-10 mins. Just a quick fluttering, but it's going on all day and has been since yesterday! It's driving me nuts and I'm actually getting a bit worried now. Anyone else suffer with them? Do u think I should see the doc or will it pass?

I think its quite normal hun, just all part of the package. I get alot of palpatations when i get hot flushes. which is alot at the mo. If your worried though you could phone your gp for a phone consultation and ask them over the phone? just to put your mind at rest. xxx

yeah i get them often too! but not reali worried about it anything thats not normal 4 u .... i would put down to pregnancy lol

but if ur reali worried give ur nurse or doc a wee ring x

it can depend...i suffer from Super Ventricular Tachchycardia anyway (very strong palpitations) and i got increased palpitations in my last pregnancy so i went to see my cardiologist, he said that the onset of palpitations is normal in pregnancy due to increased blood flow but if they started to become uncomfortable or painful or i became out of breath briefly then that was hen i needed to worry - it might not be the same with you but if its uncomfortable id get it checked out just in case :)

it can depend...i suffer from Super Ventricular Tachchycardia anyway (very strong palpitations) and i got increased palpitations in my last pregnancy so i went to see my cardiologist, he said that the onset of palpitations is normal in pregnancy due to increased blood flow but if they started to become uncomfortable or painful or i became out of breath briefly then that was hen i needed to worry - it might not be the same with you but if its uncomfortable id get it checked out just in case :)

They don't hurt... and I wouldn't say uncomfortable. More annoying. It's the regularity of them that's worrying me. Like I said.. every 5 or ten mins, all day. I find that they're worse if I've just sat down after doing something like making a cup of tea or if i'm stressed. I do have bouts of breathlessness also.
I'm waiting on a call from my midwife any day. I'll mention it to her. There's a history of heart problems in my family and my mum suffers with hypertension so I should check it out.

xx

I get them but not too often....my main thing is breathlessness.....only have to walk a few hundred yards or up the stairs and I start to puff!!!!:dohh: Maybe my age too mind you!!!:blush:

I get them all of the time, they dont hurt but they are worrying i agree.Till i read this post i was extremely worried i thought there was something wrong with me but now i know i am not alone with this i can relax a bit ~x~

Saffy - yes that is VERY frequent! it doesnt hurt to get it checked out.... what they might do is put a tape on you for 24-72 hours to record them and see what type they are - totally painless as they just sticky on to your chest... good luck let us know what the doc says xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->