Panic attack at work

amc90

Reaction score
I work as a RN and had a really stressful night last night. My pt was very sick and his family was uncooperative and screaming at me and other staff members. The situation got resolved after sending them to ICU but afterwards the family member kept following me around apologizing and at one point followed me out to the car as I was leaving. I had a massive panic attack and it felt like my heart was beating outside of my chest. I'm about 10 weeks pregnant and I'm so scared this may have hurt the baby. I cried all morning about it and have been so worried about baby. Thoughts?

What a horrible situation for you Hun. I'm sure you won't have done anything to hurt baby. My hormones are crazy and I've got from really angry to breaking down crying in seconds but so far everything is ok. These little ones are more resilient than we give them credit for

I am sorry you had to go through that.

On the other hand, I highly doubt it may cause any harm to your baby. I have an anxiety disorder and I had a lot of anxiety during my first pregnancy and numerous panic attacks. My son is 2 year old and completly fine. Usually, stress is bad because it exhausts the mother but it is not dangerous for the fetus, especially if it is only short term. If somebody is highly stressed 100% of the time, that is another story!

take care:flower:

Thanks so much for the words of reassurance. I have bad anxiety but rarely have panic attacks. I can't imagine those who suffer from them on a daily basis. Ugh I think this job is just too much.

That sounds awful :(

Don't worry about baby it will be fine, I had a lot of panic attacks while pregnant (developed an anxiety disorder) and they haven't affected my daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->