Panic Attacks

LLawson

Reaction score
Anyone experience Panic Attacks? I had one Tuesday night while trying to go to sleep. I was having a little congestion and have had a stuffy nose almost my entire pregnancy but I have Asthma (no attacks since becoming pregnant), I think I just got freaked out a little and one thing lead to another and I had a full blown Panic Attack. Ive only had one other my entire life. So this was pretty scary being pregnant.
Just wanted to see if anyones had any and had suggestions on what to do if it happens again or how to prevent them?
I did call the doc, Im waiting to hear back.
Thanks!

I have anxiety and get them. Meds are obviously most effective but I got taken off mine due to pregnancy so I'm not certain that they'd prescribe you any. Get a watch or an analog clock and watch the second hand. Breathe in for 5 seconds. Then back out for 5 seconds. Keep doing that until it passes and don't take your eyes off the clock. My doctor told me to do this when I was having a panic attack in her office.It's all about re-regulating your breathing! Sorry that it happened though, they're so awful, good luck!

Thank You Fruitmash! Hopefully it never happens again but I will try this if it does.

If I feel one coming on I count backwards from 100, breathing slowly, visualising the numbers. It's awful, I hope you're ok and it doesn't happen again.

The last time I had one (only had 3 in my life) I kind of just let it happen. I kept reminding myself that it was a panic attack and I just focused on trying to even out my breathing. It still took a while, but I felt much more in control of the situation. I'm surprised that it happened while you were sleeping! What a horrible way to wake up. :(

Hopefully your doctor can give you better advice than me, and hopefully no more attacks period. :D

Well, I wasnt asleep yet. I was trying to fall asleep. I was already in bed. The doc suggested Magnesium and Calcium before bed. I have not had anymore yet so I pray it stays that way.��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->