Panic!! Help!!

hsollis

Reaction score
I've just destroyed a teething ring in the steriliser!! The smell was awful.

I'm going to throw-out everything including the steriliser as the gel came out of the ring and was on the edge and in some of the other stuff in it.

Am I crazy to do this? I'm even worried now I didn't wash my hands well enough and I may be poisoning me and my daughter.

I just don't know!!

I'm not 100% sure but the gel probably isn't poisonous incase it broke when a baby had it in their mouth.I would say just thoroughly clean out the steriliser and everything else xx

I'm sure you'll be okay, especially if you've washed everything and throw out what was damaged. Such a pain for you though as now you'll have to get another steriliser! I only ever wash Ally's teethers in really hot water as I'm worried about melting them lol.

Thanks. I'll be replacing it all - just in case. Hubby won'y be happy but I'll feel better :)

lol.....it says on the packaging that came with elliots teether-not to be sterilised! just wash with warm soapy water.

Most teathers are not suitable for sterilising or freezing - just washing and cooling! But that said, teethers do not contain any toxic fluid - just water! The reason it smelt foul was that the water was old and dirty that is all! You do not need to throw away your steriliser - just wash it thoroughly! x

ive melted one of rileys teethers before just washed it throughly

Most teathers are not suitable for sterilising or freezing - just washing and cooling! But that said, teethers do not contain any toxic fluid - just water! The reason it smelt foul was that the water was old and dirty that is all! You do not need to throw away your steriliser - just wash it thoroughly! x

I agree. Teethers just contain water. Although it was old water, hence the smell.
You aren't supposed to sterilise because of melting, and your not supposed to freeze because when frozen water expands-which could cause the teether to burst.
Just wash out your stuff, throw out anything destroyed (with melted teether on it) and it should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->