Panic!!!!!!

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever been as angry as I was about an hour ago but I now realise it was entirely my fault.

I ordered a birthday cake for hubby's party tonight. it's a semi-surprise so I went to collect it this morning and put it down quickly on the table (which is knee height) to quickly go upstairs. I thought (stupidly now of course) it would be ok as the box was white and non-decript so I thought everyone would ignore it. hubby left, and I sat down to write a quick thank you to the lady who made it. I looked up and saw Edward with the box open, munching on the decorations. he'd taken off half of the lettering and both the big numbers. It's an ice hockey jersey with my hubby's number (52) on the back.

I was so angry and completely flipped. I had no idea what to do but then I calmed down and put the kids in front of the TV and raided the cupboards for the remnants of the icing we had bought to make Earl's birthday cake. I'm not great at these things but I have done my best.

1st piccy is the one sent last night by the cake-maker. 2nd is my effort at rescuing £50 worth of cake!!! :nope:

Next problem though - do I tell hubby and spoil the 'surprise' or do I let him think that the cake I bought is crap?! In case it's not obvious I've had the replace the 'G' in Fleming, the 'O' in Of at the bottom, the 5 on the left hand sleeve and both large numbers. Could have been worse lol.

EDIT: Sorry, the 2nd pic wont upload. Will try taking them both off and starting again.

2nd EDIT: Now it is completely not working!! Arghh. Never mind!

It'll be one of those things you laugh about in the future!

I would just tell hubby what happened, sure he'll see the funny side. If it's possible for you to get there and back in time, the cake maker may be able to redo them for you quickly if you're really not happy with your efforts x

I was going to say if you contact the cake maker she might be able to do a couple of decorations last minute if you beg!
Tbh I'd just tell him about it, he'll probably see the funny side :)

I was going to say if you contact the cake maker she might be able to do a couple of decorations last minute if you beg!
Tbh I'd just tell him about it, he'll probably see the funny side :)

Unfortunately I did think about calling Ana (my cake maker friend) but without the car I can't get to her house which is the other side of town and she is busy making another cake today so she can't get over either.

It's still not letting me upload the pictures but I will as soon as I can. I will probably tell hubby, like you say it'll be one of those things. A couple of FB friends have looked at the pics and have said they think it's passable so I'm sure it'll be fine. In a strange way I rather enjoyed it! :blush:

I would give him the cake and then tell him what happened when he sees it, he will probably think its really funny.
I can just picture a little cheeky child eating a £50 cake haha ( i know its probably not funny for you at that price!)

I would give him the cake and then tell him what happened when he sees it, he will probably think its really funny.
I can just picture a little cheeky child eating a £50 cake haha ( i know its probably not funny for you at that price!)

Yeah he looked mighty pleased with himself but the poor lad got it in the ear and didn't move off his chair for about 20 minutes. :nope: Feel very bad now but I was so upset.

Was thinking I'll just stick the candles on it and present it as is. If anyone asks, I'll tell them but otherwise people will probably be too polite! lol :haha: You're right, hubby will find it funny....... hopefully anyway lol :blush:

Oh no! Typical child!

Post some pics when you can, I'm sure it doesn't look bad at all. I'd find it hilarious to hear my girls had done that if the cake was for me!

I would just tell him when he sees it, he'll see the funny side...think anyone would if it was for them tbh! It is quite cute haha, can just imagine it!

My auntie had once had a cake made for one of my great-grandparents 80th birthdays...they went out for a meal or something, came back to her house to find that the dog had somehow managed to get to the cake and had eaten the entire thing! Luckily everyone saw the funny side to that, so i'm sure yours will be fine!

I'm sure it looks fine hun :hugs:

I'd find it funny!

xxx

Yeah it all was fine. The cake went down a storm.

Still can't upload pics. Starting to think it's a problem my end lol :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->