panic

kosh

proud new mum!
Reaction score
hi all, i think i need a bit of reassurance...
i'm hoping for a water birth in my MLU, with only gas & air if possible. i'm 2 days away from my EDD, and i'm panicking. i really don't know whether i'll be able to do it. i'm not that worried about the pain during contractions, but the pushing part really scares me - it will sound silly but my main thought atm is: how can a whole baby pass through my vagina?? the tearing really scares me too.
basically, i feel i will not be able to do it.
please help!

Something that helped on my recent hypnobirth course was to remember that women in comas have given birth without pushing... your body will push the baby down, you are just helping it along.

Panic is not your friend. please try to stay calm. Panic causes your muscles to tense up and won't help at all, try to keep yourself calm with dvds that make you laugh, calm music, dancing, bouncing on a ball, anything...

Your body is designed to do this and you have midwives, who are wonderful women, to support you. Who will be your birth partner?

thanks becstar
my birth partner will be my DH.
it's interesting what you mentioned about women in come, i didn't know that!

Don't panic! You CAN do this. Your body is designed to go through child birth and you will have an experienced midwife with you, and a partner to support you.

I had a water birth with just gas and air when I gave birth to Emma and am so glad I did - wouldn't change a thing. Was laughing at the midwife's jokes in between contractions!

Don't panic! You CAN do this. Your body is designed to go through child birth and you will have an experienced midwife with you, and a partner to support you.

I had a water birth with just gas and air when I gave birth to Emma and am so glad I did - wouldn't change a thing. Was laughing at the midwife's jokes in between contractions!

that sounds great!
i'm feeling a bit more relaxed now, trying to 'let go'...
if only he decided to make an appearance....:winkwink:

dont push, simple lol breathe that baby out your body will take over if it needs to and push. once the baby gets to the top of the birth canal then its coming out one way or another hun and your body can do it

dont push, simple lol breathe that baby out your body will take over if it needs to and push. once the baby gets to the top of the birth canal then its coming out one way or another hun and your body can do it

can you really not push?

As the weeks get closer i have felt the same way not sure why i'm scared just am. Everyday is deifferent somedays i am so confident and relaxed other days i panic and think we might die=( hope i go into labor on a good day=)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->