Panicking - 12 week scan tomorrow. Had three lots of spotting

StepheeMarie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm just really looking to express my panicked feeling as my husband and I want this baby so badly but I'm struggling to stay positive. I have had three lots of spotting at 6 weeks 9 weeks and just the other day at 11+3 which for the first time had red blood in it as previously it has been brown. I am a negative blood type so had a shot of Anti-D at the hospital but I just can't settle myself as I have the scan tomorrow. We saw a very strong heart beat of 167bpm at 7 weeks 2 days but I keep reading stuff online that still makes me panic.

The spotting has been very brief - pretty much stopping once I have discovered it and I've had no cramping but yeah... I'm just very anxious. I hope all the other pregnant mums are feeling ok leading up to their impending arrivals and that you all have a great festive season!!

First of congratulations! Before this pregnancy I've never experienced spotting then lo and behold a new and scary development. I even had a tiny clot. The day I saw that I went and had a scan. Turns out I had what's called a chorionic bleed which is a small ( for me) bleed from implantation. The tech said it was nothing to be concerned about. Oh and both my spotting instances were after sex. I'm just learning how common spotting can be and that's it's usually nothing. I wish u the best of luck I bet you will have a fantastic ultrasound!

Thanks so much! I guess it's just that thing you're not expecting to see when you are pregnant. My Midwife also said that my first bleed was from implantation but the other two are unexplained at this point.

I appreciate your comment! Also where do you get those awesome little banners from with how far along you are?

I have no experience with the bleeding, but I feel like everybody else has, lol. Bleeding during pregnancy is just sooooo common. Here are the pregnancy sigs:

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/

There is a forum here you can test them as well :)

I was in the same boat, I bled from week 5 to 10 give or take and it was a hemmoraghe they caught on ultrasound at 7 weeks. We saw the hb around then too and even though the spotting continued it did stop and has yet to come back.

I know it's impossible, I was convinced a miscarriage was Imminent too, but there are positive outcomes! :) The chances are more in your favor once the hb is seen and hopefully all will be as it should tomorrow.

Thank you so much for your supportive comments. Had the scan this morning and everything looked great! Baby was happily moving around (although he or she wouldn't lie in the right place for the test which was hilarious) and I feel much more at ease now.

I think once I can feel the movements then I can easily judge if something is wrong rather than just making things up in my head which I feel like I do all the time! But again thank you so much. You are all such a great bunch of women!:winkwink:

Thank you so much for your supportive comments. Had the scan this morning and everything looked great! Baby was happily moving around (although he or she wouldn't lie in the right place for the test which was hilarious) and I feel much more at ease now.

I think once I can feel the movements then I can easily judge if something is wrong rather than just making things up in my head which I feel like I do all the time! But again thank you so much. You are all such a great bunch of women!:winkwink:

So happy for you! The cervix can be easily irritated in pregnancy which can cause spotting. Super glad your scan went ok. :) pregnancy is a scary and exciting time!

Oh that's so great to hear! I agree about the nervousness though even though I've had lots of babies. Never realized until just this past couple weeks how common bleeding /spotting was...I think my mind will not settle until my 12 week scan either...well all is well! My last daughter never behaved at any of my scans...took forever to get measurement and what not. Tricksters! Xx

So happy for you! The cervix can be easily irritated in pregnancy which can cause spotting. Super glad your scan went ok. :) pregnancy is a scary and exciting time![/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm thinking that that may have been what it was from especially Saturday's one but I'm definatly put at ease a lot more seeing that little jelly bean wriggling around. :happydance:

Oh that's so great to hear! I agree about the nervousness though even though I've had lots of babies. Never realized until just this past couple weeks how common bleeding /spotting was...I think my mind will not settle until my 12 week scan either...well all is well! My last daughter never behaved at any of my scans...took forever to get measurement and what not. Tricksters! Xx

Yeah I never ever thought that spotting or even bleeding was a thing that happened but it's reassuring to know we aren't alone! Yep I know my mind has settled a lot today and I can feel myself enjoying the pregnancy a little more now so I hope you get that too at your scan. It's just cute to know they already have a mind of their own so early on hehe:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->