Panicking - reassurance please?!

ellahopesky

Reaction score
So i had an early scan today. By my dates i would be 5w6d, but due to an early miscarriage with no period afterwards before getting pregnant again this isn't entirely accurate, although I'm pretty sure i ov'd on the 15th dec. I had my scan, and the sonographer said she could see the gestational sac and what she thought were the beginnings of a yolk sac but couldn't be sure. She puts me at about 4-5 weeks. Im going back in 2.5 weeks to check growth but I'm terrified now that somethings wrong :( those 2.5 weeks are going to drag!!

I don't think that's anything to worry about. I got put back 5 days behind at my last scan and I'm not concerned. It's to do with when you implanted. It's a good sign that there is the start of something there.

Try not to worry with my first baby they put me back 2weeks and I knew when I'd ovulated as id taken predictor tests but doctor thinks I had a random second ovulation that month. It's so worrying though try to think positive xxx

I think that sounds right on track. From what I read at 5w an u/s usually only shows gestational sack, if that (sometimes they can't even see that). So yours sounds really good!

Thankyou ladies. Im trying so hard to not worry but its such an uncertain time isn't it. Hopefully the next 2.5 weeks come around quickly. I think I'm also abit deflated because being put back means a longer wait til we're at the "safe" mark. Im just so impatient and anxious! xx

Aww, please try not to panic. From a fellow pregnancy lady straight after miscarriage, I went for my private scan, I was 9 weeks exactly from the mc, scan put me at 7+3, sonographer had no concerns about this at all. When I saw my midwife the week before she said I would probably be a week or 2 behind the LMP so totally normal :)

I had a scan at 6+2, they only saw a sack, and thought I was a week behind due to late implantation. I know it's hard but try not to worry too much, it's very normal at this stage. X

Same happened to me I thought I was 6 weeks gestational sac only measured 5+4 couldn't see anything else. Went back to weeks later and there was a heartbeat sometimes it's just too early x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->