Panorama Results

mommyagain76

Reaction score
Hello everyone!! I am new to this forum and will be 38 when I deliver my baby boy:) I screened positive 1:190 for downsyndrome after the 16 week nuchal bloodwork. I was very panicked at first, but feel a lot better after speaking with genetic counsellors and obgyn:) I did opt for the panorama testing as it was free, BUT find I am worried again waiting for the result. I had the blood work drawn exactly one week ago...I live in Ontario so they say it can take 10 days to receive results.

I also read though, that if there were any indications of problems or chromosone abnormalities that the lab would call the dr. immediately...so would that mean if something was wrong I would get the results sooner???

I am grasping at anything positive during this wait!! I am also holding onto the fact that my PAPP~A was 1.7 which the genetic counsellor said didn't point to a chromosone abnormality as PAPP~A tends to be low with extra chromosones.....sorry for the long post....I am a worry wart with an anxiety disorder at the best of times, so I am grasping at straws trying to stay strong.

Thanks!

I had Verifi done, same as Panorama. It takes just as long to get any result as they email or fax your Dr as soon as results are in. Mine took 6 days, but Verifi boasts fastest turnaround rate. My results were normal and am I ever grateful I did the test because today at my 20 week scan an echogenic focus was found on babies heart, a soft marker for downs. But since I've had Verifi which is 99.9% accurate I am told it is a normal variant and will cause no problems. Good luck to you, the waiting is nerve wracking.

My panorama took 2 weeks. They called me directly from the company, not from the doctors office. I'd give it 2 weeks before you called to check on it.

Don't panic, although I know it is so hard not to. With my first pregnancy, I was given a 1:14 chance of downs syndrome (age 25). I was a mess. I had the maternity 21 test done (similar to panorama), was told my son did NOT have down's, and I now have a very healthy 21 month old and am 20 weeks pregnant with my second. This time, I did the panorama (skipped the other blood work), and was told exactly ten days later that my daughter has no genetic disorders. From everything I read at the time, the quad screen blood test has a high rate of false positive screenings. I opted to avoid it this time and avoid the stress. I hope all goes well for you and your baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->