Paranormal experiences

Nikkinoonoo

Mummy to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Anyone had any? Seen a UFO? A ghost? Bodmin beast or Nessie? Had any signs from lost loved ones? Anything unexplained?
None of those apply to me but would love to hear everyone else's stories :flower:

I'm quite interested in the Paranormal and have had a few strange experiences over the years. I was living in a student house with 3 other students back in my University days and that place was really creepy! The others used to go home during Summer Holidays but I used to stay there as I had a job locally to help fund me through Uni. One night I finished work and went home, went up to bed and just starting dozing off to sleep when I heard banging on the door to the side entrance of the house. I thought it was one of my local mates after having had a few drinks. So I opened my bedroom window and looked down but there was no-one there, although I could still hear the banging. So I rang my mate (the person I had thought it was and he was at home in bed but could hear the noise over the phone. So he drove down and checked the place out for me and then slept on the sofa so that I wasn't alone. A couple of hours later after we had both dropped off to sleep, it started again and he heard it for himself. He went to the side door and said that it was freezing there (taking into account it was in the middle of summer) and her said it was almost as if the banging was on the inside of the door and someone trying to get out - it really freaked me out. Also about a year later (I was dating the same mate by this time), he was staying for the night and we were watching a DVD in bed. I got up to go to the loo and when I went to walk back into my bedroom, something sighed and blew really loud into my ear - it scared the s**t out of me and I swear I didn't imagine it - I was so glad to move from there as I never felt comfortable and always felt as though something were watching me. I had never said anything to my mum about it and she came to visit one day and said she felt exactly the same - it was a horrible place! There are a few other things but I'll be here all night if I go through them all :lol:

I'm quite interested in the Paranormal and have had a few strange experiences over the years. I was living in a student house with 3 other students back in my University days and that place was really creepy! The others used to go home during Summer Holidays but I used to stay there as I had a job locally to help fund me through Uni. One night I finished work and went home, went up to bed and just starting dozing off to sleep when I heard banging on the door to the side entrance of the house. I thought it was one of my local mates after having had a few drinks. So I opened my bedroom window and looked down but there was no-one there, although I could still hear the banging. So I rang my mate (the person I had thought it was and he was at home in bed but could hear the noise over the phone. So he drove down and checked the place out for me and then slept on the sofa so that I wasn't alone. A couple of hours later after we had both dropped off to sleep, it started again and he heard it for himself. He went to the side door and said that it was freezing there (taking into account it was in the middle of summer) and her said it was almost as if the banging was on the inside of the door and someone trying to get out - it really freaked me out. Also about a year later (I was dating the same mate by this time), he was staying for the night and we were watching a DVD in bed. I got up to go to the loo and when I went to walk back into my bedroom, something sighed and blew really loud into my ear - it scared the s**t out of me and I swear I didn't imagine it - I was so glad to move from there as I never felt comfortable and always felt as though something were watching me. I had never said anything to my mum about it and she came to visit one day and said she felt exactly the same - it was a horrible place! There are a few other things but I'll be here all night if I go through them all :lol:

Wow did you do any research into background of the house or the area or anything? Bet it was scarey living there!!!

i've had a few strange experiences but the main one happened on a school trip when i was about 10 or 11. we went to a local castle for the day and had a guided tour. at the time i was really into anything paranormal (still am!) and asked the guide if there were any ghosts or hauntings in this particular castle. the guide said she'd tell us about it when we got the relevant room. as soon as we walked into this particular room, before the guide had even said anything i new something had happened in there. my chest felt tight and i was finding it hard to breathe. the guide said that lots of people had reported feeling something in this room, a presence and a lot of people had run out feeling unwell. i can't remember the story behind it exactly but it was something to do with the lord and lady who lived there and that the lady died not long after having a child and crawled from the bedroom in the next room to say goodbye to her husband in this particular room.

i told my teacher i wasn't feeling too good and we left the room. as soon as i got out i felt ok again and asked if we could go back. my teacher took me back in and things got worse. i was finding it harder to breath and felt really sad. all the teachers and the other kids were a bit spooked at this point so we went outside for some fresh air. then i just burst into tears for no reason. it was a weird feeling, i didn't want to cry but i couldn't stop! my teacher took me into the ladies loos to splash water on my face and to help calm me down - she was pretty freaked out by this time! it felt like there was someone right behind me all the time, watching and i had to stand with my back against the wall. i also had a tight feeling round my thighs like something was tied round them and it was harder to walk. my teacher had me reciting the lord's prayer and we left pretty sharpish. it was a strange feeling and i wasn't scared but felt really, really sad. after getting home and telling my parents (and scaring them to death!) the difficult to walk feeling slowly disappeared. the next morning i had faint red marks round my legs where it felt like something was tied round them. very weird.

a few years later i wanted to go back to see if something similar would happen. my mum and dad took me and my dad said not to tell him where it happened to see if he could feel something. as soon as we walked in the room he knew! i felt something similar to the time before but it wasn't as strong. just kinda sad and it was hard to breath. my mum was completely freaked out!

anyway, sorry for the long story - it was a lot stranger if you were actually there and i have never seen my very rational teachers look so scared! i've been back a few times since and always get that strange feeling but it's never been as strong since.

I had an experience last night. I was asleep (always sleep with the bathroom light on, so there's some light in the room) and I woke up to a bang, like something had been thrown hard at my wardrobe, but there was nothing there. Dog heard it to and jumped up from where he was sleeping. Then as I was sitting up in bed, a book I had been reading next to my bed slid across the table and fell on the floor.

I got up in my half groggy state thinking I'd imagined it and walked towards the bathroom to open the door a bit more so I'd have more light. As I walked towards the door I could see the shower curtain through the gap and it moved by itself, quite a lot and you could hear it rustling like someone was pushing it.

So much stuff happens in this house I'm actually at the point where it doesn't bother me anymore. :lol:

Wow did you do any research into background of the house or the area or anything? Bet it was scarey living there!!!

It was awful living there and even now I always say to my partner that even if someone offered for me to live there rent and bill free I would turn them down. It was the most oppresive house I've ever been in. I never really did any research into the place although I did mention it to the landlady of my local pub one night after we had a few drinks and she said she was pretty sure that someone had commited suicide there years ago but didn't know the story behind it. Someone actually commited suicide in the house where we live now but there's a totally different atmosphere here. I knew the person involved anyway and she was lovely. She would never have harmed anyone when she was alive so I feel very safe. We have had a few odd things happen here aswell, I can honestly say I've never felt scared

i've had a few strange experiences but the main one happened on a school trip when i was about 10 or 11. we went to a local castle for the day and had a guided tour. at the time i was really into anything paranormal (still am!) and asked the guide if there were any ghosts or hauntings in this particular castle. the guide said she'd tell us about it when we got the relevant room. as soon as we walked into this particular room, before the guide had even said anything i new something had happened in there. my chest felt tight and i was finding it hard to breathe. the guide said that lots of people had reported feeling something in this room, a presence and a lot of people had run out feeling unwell. i can't remember the story behind it exactly but it was something to do with the lord and lady who lived there and that the lady died not long after having a child and crawled from the bedroom in the next room to say goodbye to her husband in this particular room.

i told my teacher i wasn't feeling too good and we left the room. as soon as i got out i felt ok again and asked if we could go back. my teacher took me back in and things got worse. i was finding it harder to breath and felt really sad. all the teachers and the other kids were a bit spooked at this point so we went outside for some fresh air. then i just burst into tears for no reason. it was a weird feeling, i didn't want to cry but i couldn't stop! my teacher took me into the ladies loos to splash water on my face and to help calm me down - she was pretty freaked out by this time! it felt like there was someone right behind me all the time, watching and i had to stand with my back against the wall. i also had a tight feeling round my thighs like something was tied round them and it was harder to walk. my teacher had me reciting the lord's prayer and we left pretty sharpish. it was a strange feeling and i wasn't scared but felt really, really sad. after getting home and telling my parents (and scaring them to death!) the difficult to walk feeling slowly disappeared. the next morning i had faint red marks round my legs where it felt like something was tied round them. very weird.

a few years later i wanted to go back to see if something similar would happen. my mum and dad took me and my dad said not to tell him where it happened to see if he could feel something. as soon as we walked in the room he knew! i felt something similar to the time before but it wasn't as strong. just kinda sad and it was hard to breath. my mum was completely freaked out!

anyway, sorry for the long story - it was a lot stranger if you were actually there and i have never seen my very rational teachers look so scared! i've been back a few times since and always get that strange feeling but it's never been as strong since.

That is really spooky btw - I'm not surprised your teachers were freaked out :lol: If you ever get the chance, visit the Schooner Hotel in Northumberland - that is one really messed up place. We visited it a few years ago because it had been featured on Most Haunted and we thought it would be a good laugh but we had some really scary stuff happen to us - will tell you about some of the things there when I get chance - got to go and give the babs their lunch now :lol:

Thanks for all sharing your stories, I have always been interested in the supernatrual. I have lost many close loved ones but still not had anything paranormal happen. I think I like it that way too lol.

I live in a haunted house. It's a nightmare at times but its hella interesting! lol.

To many to list, my hosue is a castle only I have been here a few months and only seen one ghost so far. But plenty have had to move they couldn't stick certain parts.

The house I live in now has some odd goings on in it, have done since I moved in, in 2007.
Before we moved in we bought some solid pine drawers off eBay, they were delivered by a man and his son on the day we moved in, upon opening the door the man had such a shocked look on his face, apparently when the man before us died this guy had been assigned to remove some of the furniture... these drawers (all three) had been removed from this house 3 months prior to us moving in!! Bear in mind the man had driven 25miles to deliver them back to the house! That in itself freaked me and my then partner out. The guy went on to tell us the history, about how an Irish guy called Paddy had died of Leukemia in this house. I wish now he'd never said!

The weird goings on have been occuring for the past almost 3 years. The first sign of anything unusual was when my backdoor keys which are ALWAYS hung up next to the door disappeared, I looked everywhere and eventually caved and had to have another set cut. It wasn't until cleaning our big shed out at the bottom of the garden that we found them.. Hanging behind the shed door on an old dog lead hook, with a photo of an Alsation under them. Upon asking our neighbours apparently Paddy used to hang his house keys on that hook when he walked his dog, so they wouldn't be dropped whilst he was out as he only had one arm due to amputation.

The next things still happen, I hear my name being whispered occasionally when I'm alone or tidying the house, around 1-3am most nights you can hear footsteps in my boys bedroom next to mine, when they are both fast asleep in bed. My oldest son has a few times been heard talking to something, and I've walked in once because I heard him telling ''them'' to go away as he was tired!

An ornamental elephant fell off the highest shelf in my livingroom onto hardwook floor, and should have broke, but I found it the right way up in the middle of the living room... Not a chip on it.

Also, and this is the weirdest one for me.. On two occasions since my ex moved out I have woken to find my trousers and underwear round my ankles! I wear tight pjamas in bed as I HATE them moving around. And I'm a very heavy sleeper that doesn't move much in my sleep at all. !

The house I live in now has some odd goings on in it, have done since I moved in, in 2007.
Before we moved in we bought some solid pine drawers off eBay, they were delivered by a man and his son on the day we moved in, upon opening the door the man had such a shocked look on his face, apparently when the man before us died this guy had been assigned to remove some of the furniture... these drawers (all three) had been removed from this house 3 months prior to us moving in!! Bear in mind the man had driven 25miles to deliver them back to the house! That in itself freaked me and my then partner out. The guy went on to tell us the history, about how an Irish guy called Paddy had died of Leukemia in this house. I wish now he'd never said!

The weird goings on have been occuring for the past almost 3 years. The first sign of anything unusual was when my backdoor keys which are ALWAYS hung up next to the door disappeared, I looked everywhere and eventually caved and had to have another set cut. It wasn't until cleaning our big shed out at the bottom of the garden that we found them.. Hanging behind the shed door on an old dog lead hook, with a photo of an Alsation under them. Upon asking our neighbours apparently Paddy used to hang his house keys on that hook when he walked his dog, so they wouldn't be dropped whilst he was out as he only had one arm due to amputation.

The next things still happen, I hear my name being whispered occasionally when I'm alone or tidying the house, around 1-3am most nights you can hear footsteps in my boys bedroom next to mine, when they are both fast asleep in bed. My oldest son has a few times been heard talking to something, and I've walked in once because I heard him telling ''them'' to go away as he was tired!

An ornamental elephant fell off the highest shelf in my livingroom onto hardwook floor, and should have broke, but I found it the right way up in the middle of the living room... Not a chip on it.

Also, and this is the weirdest one for me.. On two occasions since my ex moved out I have woken to find my trousers and underwear round my ankles! I wear tight pjamas in bed as I HATE them moving around. And I'm a very heavy sleeper that doesn't move much in my sleep at all. !

Wow, scary! Especially the last part!
Have you thought about geiing a medium or exorcism or anything?
:hugs:

i feel like im being watched but seen nothing and heard nothing,
but my daughter often talking to the friendly lady in her room and says the lady tells her stories x

No, all activity has calmed down atm. So going to see what happens next if anything :) x

Far too many to list!! My mum is clairaudient and sees too - my dad used to do readings from objects, and he saw too. My partner is blessed with the ability to see, hear and sense. My stepdaghter is the same - I just see and hear. Our household is never dull! lol.

My first experience was when I was three - I wasn't allowed in mum's room, so went in (as you do!) I saw mud huts being burnt and red indians panicking. There was one girl just looking at me. I told mum. Years later she told me that Indians from the Kiowa (sp?!) tribe were in our ancestory and their village had been burnt down by the white people.

I have seen and heard many children and animals - most of the children I don't know, but they're interesting to chat to. Some, I do know - those who I work with who have passed away, or those of my friends who never made it full term. They generally come through for a message. (One has been following me around for weeks, but she is dead sweet, so I don't mind!)

We have had some not so nice spirits too - A nurse from (what was) a workhouse down the road plagued my stepdaughter because she didn't believe she was being raised right (I am in a same sex relationship). We worked hard to move her along. That was three years ago - Abi still talks about her and is worried she will come back to the baby - if I ever have another!

Where I work is a girl who had been murdered. Her murderer is also there. He circles our building (I work with kids with special needs), wanting the children, but can't get in - and nor will he ever! He has banged on windows and the ceiling (waking the kids), he keeps repeating "I am waiting" and is generally at the window when I go to it. I am working on him - he's a tough one.

I see things before they happen, and so does my partner (who has predicted my pregnancy - right down to the date - but when it's so close to home, doubts creep in!)

Neither of us have been trained, and sometimes it can be scary. We've never worked on our abilities and would never use them to gain money. It's just something that happens!!

This thread is awesome! Scary though! I've had quite a few experiences but they never seem to "want" to hurt me just seemingly wanting to just "hang around" XO

Far too many to list!! My mum is clairaudient and sees too - my dad used to do readings from objects, and he saw too. My partner is blessed with the ability to see, hear and sense. My stepdaghter is the same - I just see and hear. Our household is never dull! lol.

My first experience was when I was three - I wasn't allowed in mum's room, so went in (as you do!) I saw mud huts being burnt and red indians panicking. There was one girl just looking at me. I told mum. Years later she told me that Indians from the Kiowa (sp?!) tribe were in our ancestory and their village had been burnt down by the white people.

I have seen and heard many children and animals - most of the children I don't know, but they're interesting to chat to. Some, I do know - those who I work with who have passed away, or those of my friends who never made it full term. They generally come through for a message. (One has been following me around for weeks, but she is dead sweet, so I don't mind!)

We have had some not so nice spirits too - A nurse from (what was) a workhouse down the road plagued my stepdaughter because she didn't believe she was being raised right (I am in a same sex relationship). We worked hard to move her along. That was three years ago - Abi still talks about her and is worried she will come back to the baby - if I ever have another!

Where I work is a girl who had been murdered. Her murderer is also there. He circles our building (I work with kids with special needs), wanting the children, but can't get in - and nor will he ever! He has banged on windows and the ceiling (waking the kids), he keeps repeating "I am waiting" and is generally at the window when I go to it. I am working on him - he's a tough one.

I see things before they happen, and so does my partner (who has predicted my pregnancy - right down to the date - but when it's so close to home, doubts creep in!)

Neither of us have been trained, and sometimes it can be scary. We've never worked on our abilities and would never use them to gain money. It's just something that happens!!

truely amazing!!!! i love hearing storys like this!!!!xxx

nothings really happend to me as to be scary but, in my mums i'd just come in from work and was running the bath with my coat on :S dont ask i dont know y haha and as i was waiting for the water to fill the tub i screamed because i felt as if sum1 has put ther hand firmly on my shoulder and brushed down my back hard i was the only 1 in so freaked out the the max!!!!plus my mum has been washing her hair over the side of the bath and has heard "Lynne, Lynne" from behind the door thinking its my youngest clown of a sister and infact its no1 :S not scary but just freaky lol.

i live in my own house now with DF but when i lived at mum n dads afew things happend thru the night, like i'm a real light sleeper, so one night someone basically bounces across the landing and down the stairs swings the living room door open and then nothing so i fell back to sleep and the next morning i said who eva was going for early hour snacks can you be quiet next tym plz, to which my mum, dad an 2 sisters said we never got up lastnight :S so i freaked out to death hahaha.our lights constantly flicker and on an odd occasion the hall light has actually blew up and shatterd its happend only when my mum is standning beneath it or shes walked past it :| :S and 1 more thing back in my being out alllllll the time days drinking with friends, it was early hours and everyone was in bed, my mum said she was woken up by the noise of my bedroom door trying to be opened, that doors loud to open anyway but this was continious oushing down of the handle so she got up thinking oh shes drunk n cant get in her room :S she opend her bedroom door to say hurry up and b quiet, and no1 was ther!!!she opend my bedroom door and i wasnt home yet!!!freaky freaky freaky lol.the house was lived in by my nans mum and dad theyve passed on now, but my nans still here shes 66 and lives back in the house with my mum dad n sisters, my grandad has passed on too, when he was 42, so wether its any of them xxxx

Wow, I could talk to you all night, I am so interested in experiences like yours! I'm pleased the lady leaft your daughter alone, it must be quite daunting to have these things happen at a young age when you don't properly understans whats happening. :hugs:

WOW! that thing about the murderer circling the kids home is bloody scarey! you defenately have a gift angeldelight....what i often wonder though is there must be a barrier between this realm and the other side because even evil spirits that want to harm - dont (or rather cant) touch us. all they can do is scare us. i remember being really young (about 9 or 10) and waking up in the middle of the night to see a 4ft dwarf looking this with horrible teeth just staring at me beside my bed. i shut my eyes quik and didnt open them again till morning. also, when i was really young (maybe about 4) i used to see lots of colourful lights just circulating my room it was really magical and i could switch it sort of off and on when i wanted to. cant anymore though :( but im really interested in paranormal stuff! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->