Parcel sent to old address!

missk1989

Reaction score
I am getting married in 8 weeks and I was just thinking that the bridesmaids thankyou jewellery (and what they are wearing on the day) are late arriving so i just checked my email confirmation and realised I had them sent to the wrong address! Im gutted. They have been sent to my old address so i could go and pick them up but am worried they may have opened the package and wont tell me they have it. Its a rough area and i know the guy we sold it to is now renting it out and am afraid the tenants may consider it free jewellery i will have just wasted £60!!!

Do you know if it was signed for/tracked?
It might be possible to prove they received it even if they lie.

Fingers crossed you get it back.

It doesnt say in the email but I will ring the store and ask them. Ive just found out they are making people redundant at work so really cant afford to waste money.:nope:

I'd go and ask for it anyway you never know there might be decent people living there! Day it's been signed for even if it hadn't an that's how you know they have it if your sure they will deny they have it

Hope you get it back

So i just rang the shop i bought them from and it wasnt tracked so i will have to go round and ask for it back. It feels so inappropriate to go knocking on someones door asking for things but i really need it!

Check with the list office too, they may of sent it as not known or if the postman had to knock on the door they may of refused the package. We have done that before. In our old house the previous owners contact lenses turned up (it had been 3/4 months since we moved as well) although they got posted through we held onto it for a few days before giving it back to the postman.
They also had another package sent to us which the postman had to knock on the door for and we refused it so they took it back.
I swear though the previous owners didn't change a single address after they moved as we received literally everything in their name and I was constantly posting back as unknown!

Just been down to the house and go the parcel. The couple were really nice which is lucky as the postal service couldnt have been less cooperative!

Glad you got it back. I did the same thing this week (for a boring book though, not exciting jewellery) and I left the note at the house, the next day they posted my parcel through my letterbox even though I said I would collect if they rang me. So nice of them. Honestly, I think there's more people who do the decent thing than steal. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->