Parent facing pushchair - how long?

Torz

Mummy to 2 DS & pregnant
Reaction score
How long do you plan on having your child facing you in the push chair, if you have a rear facing pushchair that is.

I know some people put their babies straight in to FF pushchairs but i've had Alfie facing me in both the carry cot & the push chair part. When do you think is a good age to put him FF. He's taking much more interest in things now, especially the world around him while we're out & i'm wondering if i should put him FF. I'd idealy like him to carry on facing me as i love the interaction with him & just been able to see when he's fallen asleep etc but i dont want to keep him facing me for purly selfish reasons.

Sophia is 6 months and i've had FF since she was 4 months. We went on holiday when she was 8 weeks and bought a buggy as it was much easier for travelling and we had to have that forward facing, she loved it as she's always been so nosey so when it came to putting her rear facing she would try look around me to see what was going on.

Ours is forward and rear facing, but suitable upto 15kg either way (its in pushchair mode either way instead of carrycot/carseat though you can buy them) i plan on keeping him like that for as long as he likes xx

Our pram can be FF or parent-facing, and we have had Madeline FF from when she was about 6 months. There is just so much more for her to see that way, and I felt I was keeping her facing the other was for my enjoyment rather than hers. x

My pushchair is FF or parent facing, I always have her parent facing and will until she isn't in pushchairs anymore. I saw a programme once waaay before I was even pregnant that showed parent facing was better for development :shrug:

I just don't want other people being able to see her:haha:

I had Cayden FF from 4-5mths in his pram... he was much more interested in things going on around him.. soo off he went forward facing and LOVED it

My pushchair is FF or parent facing, I always have her parent facing and will until she isn't in pushchairs anymore. I saw a programme once waaay before I was even pregnant that showed parent facing was better for development :shrug:

I just don't want other people being able to see her:haha:

Madeline spends nearly all of her days looking at my face - I think she's sees facing forward as a bit of respite from me :haha:

https://www.nationalliteracytrust.net/talktoyourbaby/pushchairs_parentsFAQ.html

This is basically why my LO as to stare at my ugly mug all day :flower:

She still faces me, she hates FF. I've got a Maclaren that is languishing in my back room as she screams after 15 minutes in it :dohh:

https://www.nationalliteracytrust.net/talktoyourbaby/pushchairs_parentsFAQ.html

This is basically why my LO as to stare at my ugly mug all day :flower:

thanks very much for that link, it was really interesting & i think i'll keep Alfie facing me. i do talk lodes to him while i'm out which i love & dont want thatt to end i just didnt know if i was doing it for my own benifit, obviously not.

i did face him forwards for a short 2 min jurney this afternoon as the sun was in his face & he was crying, i did notice i couldnt intereact withhim at all :(

I think I will keep mine parent facing permanently. LO can still see what's going on AND interact with me that way. I talk and sing to him all the time and point out what ge might be able to see.

Oh god now I'm worried my lo will be scared in her FF buggy! They say 'early development' but is 8 months old still THAT early?

I've only just bought the buggy!

Harrison is still parent facing as whenever i put him in the pushchair hes asleep with 5mins. If he starts actually staying awake in the pushchair then i will probs change it to FF. But then maybe its staring at my face all day that puts him to sleep!!!!!

we have a stokke so ill keep him facing me all the time i think x

LO will be facing me the whole time she's in it. She can see around the sides and stuff as out pushchair is quite open, and she chats to me all the time, she'd miss out on the conversation if I had her FF.

ive ordered a new pushchair just because he is growing out his carseat and i dont want him facing forward.
At least with the new puschchair i got the option to switch between the both of them.
I was wondering when you only got a forward facing one what do you do if your LO is in a grumpy mood and wants to be able to see you or if he is crying. At least when you got them facing yo, you can talk to them and that.

at 1 year Daisy still parent faces, shes happy, I'm happy :) x

We had Luke ff really early by the looks of it, at just before 3 months. He cried so much, especially when going in shops until one day we went into tesco with him in his car seat, and faced him away from us. He was facinated by everything, and for the first time didn't cry in a shop! We then switched his pram round (thankful for mamas and papas switch!) and have never had shop crying since. He is just too nosey!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->