Parent facing pushchair - how long?

Izzy is still rear facing, we talk lots and she can see so much around me, we have tried a couple of times FF but she hates it and so do i!!!

I've not tried her facing outwards yet, I like being able to see her face and talk to her plus she can see plenty facing me - she doesn't know there's an alternative though! She also sometimes screams if she can't see me!

I'll keep her that way as long as she stays enjoying it for.

i have just turned my LO round to face ut this week and she is 10.5 months. she kept trying to turn herself round and look over her shoulder so i thought it was time!

Harrison faces us, we talk to him and play with him while walking along so he seems interested still.. when he gets bored of us or tries to face the other way, i will turn him around. He is still pretty small though, i prefer being able to see him x

i dont want to put sophia ff ever but i know i will have to. i have to in may when i go to the county fair as my rf pram is too big to fit in my friends boot so have to take the stroller instead which means she wil be facing out and i wont be able to see her. it makes me really sad when i cant talk to her when we are out.

I've only ever FF except when she was in the pram, TBH I'd never seen a rear facing pushchair until after I'd bought my Silvercross :) I looooooove the Oyster and would buy it in a heartbeat but my OH would kill me. :hehe:

I still talk to Summer even when she's FF, she babbles back and loves looking around at everyone. People must think I'm nuts. xx

I've only ever FF except when she was in the pram, TBH I'd never seen a rear facing pushchair until after I'd bought my Silvercross :) I looooooove the Oyster and would buy it in a heartbeat but my OH would kill me. :hehe:

I still talk to Summer even when she's FF, she babbles back and loves looking around at everyone. People must think I'm nuts. xx

See if you can pick one up second hand on eBay! Oysters are fab :thumbup:

See if you can pick one up second hand on eBay! Oysters are fab :thumbup:

Seconded!!!

I love mine.
Im doing everything I can so i can keep it, but i have 2 prams and i never use it :(

My LO is still mostly facing me at 10 and a half months. I forward face him if we're in a shopping centre as he's really interested on what's going on. My big reasons are that I love having fun with him and outside I can't put sunglasses on him on a nice day and if it's windy he can't tell me he's not happy.

For us it will start to depend on what we are doing. If we are going somewhere like the zoo or aquarium then probably FF so he can see more. But just around shops then parent facing so we can interact and talk.

I didn't turn Kai around until 12 months, but only because he was happy facing me up until that point. It was quite sad when he turned FF:cry:

https://www.nationalliteracytrust.net/talktoyourbaby/pushchairs_parentsFAQ.html

This is basically why my LO as to stare at my ugly mug all day :flower:

I read this too before we bought our pram - we have a M&P pliko switch that can face either way - and we purposely bought a pram that can face either way. We also have a buggy for shopping trips then I can fit it in my v small car and I hate that it faces away from me. I think since i've gone back to work I want to spend as much time as poss with him when we go out tin the pram, and now his language is coming on leaps and bounds every single day, I want to be able to see him face to face

I have LO facing me all the time which is the reason i went and bought this pram as i hated the 1st pram i had. I love it, espeically if im shopping on my own i can see him and talk to him ect. I tried FF out just for a change one day and he wasnt keen, he can still see everything when he faces me tbh and still catches peoples eyes and dances and laughs. I'll keep him facing me for a few months yet!

One of the reasons I chose my maxi cosi mura was the fact it faces both ways, not just for the carrycot and carseat, but also the normal seat attachment, which can also recline fully when the child is asleep.

I will have her parent facing as long as possible. In fact I still use the carrycot quite a bit, but then I do have a small child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->