Parenting while living seperately?

Justinel101

Reaction score
Sorry if this is kind of long but I just need some advice.
My boyfriend and I have been living together for a few months and it's just not working out. We get along fine but his sister, who has threatened me and my son and absolutely hates me, is here all the time. She always tries to start fights and is always yelling and screaming. She got pregnant young also and has a 4 year old now so I don't understand why she's so against us, more then anyone. On top of that him and his mom are always fighting, mainly because of his sister again. I don't feel comfortable raising my son here and being here once he's born. My boyfriend and I wanted to be together to raise him so badly but until we can afford our own place I don't see how that's going to work, which he's really upset about.
So onto my family. We are all extremely close and they've been really supportive. I only moved out of my moms house because it was so crowded. She sees how depressed and stressed I'm getting living with my boyfriends family and has offered me and my son a room at her house, only problem being there isn't enough room for my boyfriend. Her and I have a really good relationship and I know she's going to be there to help me through all of this.
In a way I do want to move back home but I'm nervous for how it's going to affect me and my boyfriends relationship. I know it's not fair to him that he can't be around his son all the time he wants to be but in my mind I think it's more important for us to be in a stable household then living in his family's house with all the chaos.
My main questions I guess would be has anyone lived away from their boyfriend for a little while (it would only be 6 months maximum)? What would your suggestions be? And any other advice/experience you can offer?
Thank you ahead of time!

It's hard, really hard :( bit it's not forever! We're getting closer to our goal now but it's still hard :(

Me and OH got back together when DD was 6 months old and OH was still up at college (about 3 hours away) and he came down about every other weekend to see us. It was rough. Then when he got home for good, we lived separately and while it was hard that he didn't see DD, and I sometimes got resentful because I did everything all day, every day and he didn't have to but we got through it. I would definitely say that it would be better if you were in a stable environment for when your son gets here because parenting is stressful enough without all the yelling and everything. Would your boyfriend be able to come spend the weekends at your mom's house so he gets to spend more time with his son without actually moving in?

If he could spend weekends that would definitely help alot. I know my mom wouldn't have a problem with that but my stepdad definitely would. I also have a young sister and brother there so the house is a little crowded, not that it's ever bothered me because I love being surrounded by family & kids. Him staying weekends is definitely something I should talk with her about. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->