parents and getting a house... problems

amyclaire

TTC late July 2010 :D
Reaction score
So oh and I want to be in a house and have a mortgage by nxt june when we start ttc. My parents have said they want to help with the deposit. The thing is, oh and I went for a meal with them last night and basically conversation got onto the future etc and my mum said In passing "ahh it'll be a good few years before you'll be looking at getting a house"... What do I do!? We are absolutely certain that we want to be ttc by sept at the latest nxt year. Should we consider continuing to rent even with a baby? Does anyone have experience of this? Or should we break the news of wanting to ttc at 22 (10 years before my mum n dad had me)... Then maybe even if they're against us ttc (which isn't going to stop us ttc anyway) maybe it'll make them realise that we're really ready to get a house.. Ahhhh!! Sorry for rambling, just really need some advice/personal experiences :)xxxx

If I were you... I'd start by just telling them that you are looking into getting a house now. Could you afford it without their help? Maybe if you introduce the fact that you are looking now, they will realize that. It is possible that they just "expected" you to wait... but, maybe if you explain that your serious now they'll help you out. Send them pictures of houses your interested in and what not... make them a part of the process..

You don't have to tell them about TTC... thats another step that might seem overwhelming and plus, you don't want them constantly asking if your pregnant aftewards :rofl: You don't have to be wanting to TTC to get a house... there are plenty of other reasons to get one as well :D

Hope this helps a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->