Parents who have girls and boys ...

baby25102011

Stay Strong
Reaction score
Just wondering which gender you find 'easier' everyone I talk to saqys 'give me boys over girls anyday!' This is normally older people whose children are grown up

:flower:

Mine aren't really old enough to give a proper answer yet. They are 6 and 4.
However I've been consistently informed by many people who have both sexes that boys are harder as toddlers and girls harder as teens. From my expierence so far this is true.

If you remove my girls development problems she has always been much easier. My boy has reduced me to tears on many an occasion and I've even considered giving him up as I couldn't cope. I don't think that's just down to personalities as in done respects they are very similar.

My aunt has 2 of each (12 & 14 yrs old girls & 4 & 7 yrs old boys), her 14 yrs girl & 7 yrs boy are very difficult since they were babies, her 12 yrs old was a difficult baby & toddler but after she started school she became so easy going, her 4 yrs old is so cute & cheerful, & he's easy going in general

& if boys are easier than girls, live 1 day with my son or my 7 yrs old cousin & you'd see how "easier" boys are :rofl:

Hand on heart my two both give me trials and joy in equal measure. I think it's more to do with personality than gender :flow:

I only have 2 girls- 2yrs and 16yrs... and both are super easy tbh. Our oldes was by far more "difficult" around 9-11yrs... but the older she got the easier she got... with our LO, she's been easy from the start... but at 2yrs... we have time ;) lol. My besties son (whom I've been around since birth) was by FAR easier as a toddler/kid- but more difficult as a baby... her daughter was ubber easy baby- and more challenging as a toddler...

I think it's more to do with temperment than gender, although that does play a role-- there are many factors. :)

I have a son who is 10, a daughter who is 8 (nearly 9) and another daughter who is 3. Boys are easier, on a consistent basis. But...he has his moments. But, my daughters are very diva-ish...and my oldest daughter has gotten very moody as apparently her friends too (as I have spoken to their parents) and so I think puberty is starting and this is making an emotional rollercoaster for her. My son was a super easy baby and toddler, as was my youngest. My middle one was not an easy baby or toddler, but that was medical related. I am the type of person that feels babies and toddlers are easy though. They all have their issues though, and I agree with the above poster who says that they all have their moments, they are just different things. For example, my son has the 'man flu' and it has been drama, tears, and hell on earth.

For me, boys are easier in the newborn stage. Everyone I have spoken to agrees.

My daughter is no bother (shes 7).My 2 sons 11 and 3 are more of a challange lol.

Girls all the way! My girls are so easily pleased, placid and happy but my gorgeous boy has never been like that, he is harder work than my girls together lol

i dont think its as simple as one or the other sex being easier

i have 2 girls and a boy, all 3 very different.

I only have a 4 yr old boy but have looked after my 4 yr old niece since she was 6 months old and have them both most days. There are only two weeks between their birthdays so they are very close.

My son was by far the easiest baby but had been much harder as a toddler and preschooler. I think with him it was a combination of not being as mature emotionally as his female cousin so he was less able to cope with thinfs that frustrated or upset him which would then lead him to act out, and the sheer amount of testosterone those boys have everything is so physical and he just needs to run and play rough - which his cousin doesn't.
Now they're a little bit older and both at school it's starting to adjust again. Neither of them are difficult at the moment but you can certainly see the 'diva' qualities coming through in my niece where as my son is far more laid back.

I think they do all have their moments but boys and girls seem to develop emotionally at different points which makes them easier or more difficult to deal with at certain stages and then all our lovely hormones come in to play :)

Boys being easier is true for us!! Our boy is very laid back, always easy as a baby and is a joy. Our girl, is highly intelligent but very highly strung, and has an attitude. She is younger but acts older. I love them to pieces, but I said to my DH "good luck if this is another girl we are expecting!!"

Girls all the way! My girls are so easily pleased, placid and happy but my gorgeous boy has never been like that, he is harder work than my girls together lol

yep thats me ^^^^

i have 2 girls 7 / 3 will entertain selves - genrally good girls all round

2 sons 1 is 14 weeks so doesn't count yet

but my son (6) is such hard work at times..........needs constant attention/computer/tv/physical activity ec

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->