Part expressing part feeding?

bumphope

Reaction score
Hi :)

I've been trying to understand how this works from reading online but I can't quite get it, so I'm hoping you lovely ladies can help me!

I'm hoping to breast feed my baby, but since I run my own business I'm planning to go back to work one day a week about a month after the baby arrives.

Ive figured that expressing milk for daddy to feed while I'm at work is the best option, but how does it work exactly?

Do I feed the baby the day before I go to work and just pump the other breast to store for the next day?

Would I then have enough milk for the next feed?

Or do I have to make sure I pump more often, even before I go back to work, so I produce enough?

I'm guessing I will need to pump once or twice while I'm at work too? Then presumably I can freeze this and defrost to use the following week?

I suppose in that case, my question is about how I have enough milk to leave for that first day?

I'm a ftm, so no idea about anything, and just trying to come up with ideas that at least make sense in theory so I can work with them when the baby arrives!

Sorry for the long post, I hope you can help me!

X

Totally stalking this as I'm exactly the same! I REALLY want to breast feed but I know if it takes over my whole life and I cannot get out of the house that will NOT be good for me! I need to be out and active to stay sane!!!

Plus I want hubby to be able to help out with feeds also!

Hehe I hear you! Hope someone can help :)

I'm also wondering about expressing to use over night, it doesn't seem fair to withhold sleepless night fun from my husband ;-)

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->