Partner's ex girlfriend's name?

Wouldn't bother me. I'm not a jealous person by nature (kinda irritates OH to be honest). He was married before and if I liked his ex wife's name I would use it so an ex GF wouldn't phase me even a little bit. However, I know using an ex's name would bother him so I would never push for it as the negative connection would be too strong and life will put enough barriers in his relationship with baby over time, I don't want to add one that really isn't necessary. He also is the jealous type so it would bother him to use a name from one of my ex's as well.

If you both like it and there wouldn't be a negative association I say use it! It isn't like you came up with the name because of her, it is a name you both love. In time, even those who knew her as his ex won't even think about the name as being hers because it will become your daughter's name instead.

My DS2 is named Sean and I had a boyfriend named Sean when I was 16(we only dated for 6-7 months), but Sean was always my favorite name so I used it anyways. No way related to the ex, but again, I was only 16 and it wasn't like he was a long term relationship and I loved the name way before I met him. So if your OH was in a real, long term thing with Cami, I wouldn't use it. If it was a young summer fling, I think it would be okay xx

I really like the name, I think if you both like it then I don't see why not :flower: I mean if it was that long ago and shes never had an effect on your relationship then I don't see the problem.

Nah I wouldn't use it I wouldn't name my child a name of my ex's either.

I havent read all the responses, but wanted to say that my only worry would be that your partner associates this name with a woman he was dating, intimate with and loved in the past. I guess it depends somewhat how long they dated for, but you said she was special to him so I'm assuming she had an impact on his life. I just wouldn't want him to think of his ex every time his daughter's name is used. I wouldn't do it :( There are lots of lovely names out there! Maybe keep Cami in mind, but look at others too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->