party invites and feeling guilty

gingajewel

Mommy to Megan
Reaction score
My lo is having a sixth birthday party at a local soft play. She could only invite 12 from her class after we had invited families children.
Lo took the invited in today and the teacher called the children out to give them there invites 😞 I'm so upset, because some of the children my lo would have loved to have invited but there just wasn't enough space.
One of the little girls said to her "next time you have a party can you tell your mommy my name because I would love to go a party" 😞
I am 33 weeks pregnant so am extra hormonal but its made me so upset 😞

Aw, bless! Could you maybe do a small favour or party bag for the others in the class? Asda do big bags of favours for a few pounds.

Yep, I will def send in sweets to the class so they all get a little something. I just feel horrible not been able to invite everyone!! This is why I swore I would never do a party, I hate leaving people out!!

They will forget it in a week or so, try not to worry!

To be honest you have no reason to feel bad. I can't believe the teacher was so tactless. Couldn't she have put them straight into their trays?!

Aw bless 😞

If we can't invite the whe class, I give parents the invites in the playground, but the teacher shoukd have had more sense really x

To be honest you have no reason to feel bad. I can't believe the teacher was so tactless. Couldn't she have put them straight into their trays?!

Agree, very tactless! At DDs school the teacher puts them into the children's book bags while they're putting in homework etc. DD is usually unaware she's got a party invite until I unpack her bag when we get home.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:..Aww.. The teacher shouldn't have done that..:(

I like the party bag idea.. Not that you have to, but it would make you feel better..XOXOXO<3

Thanks all, I said to Megan can you ask the teacher to put them straight in bags and she said she did but the teacher forgot? So called them up and gave them to the children when she remembered.
I really wished I had given them out at the gates but I didn't think the teacher would make it so obvious!
Your right they probably wont remember in a few days, especially since they break up for Easter for two weeks, it just made me feel terrible yesterday!!

That was thoughtless of the teacher. DS had his party a few weeks ago, we handed some out at the gates and his teacher did the rest. She gave them straight to the parents at pick up. Some of the kids may not be able to make it so you could always invite a few of the others.
DS wanted to invite all 3 classes in his year. It took ages for him to narrow it down to 20. Even then there were some kids he realy wanted to invite but couldn't because the parents didn't rsvp, and I didn't want to have them all turn up and be over the limit.

I agree that it was incredibly thoughtless of the teacher. The invites should have been slipped into the kids bags or given in some other way so as not to alert those not invited. Unfortunately life isn't fair and we're all not included in everything. It's one of lifes lessons that kids have to learn. :( You shouldn't be feeling guilty. :)

We have the same problem - but it's my sons choice. He doesn't like the big fuss of a huge party so just wants a few friends round at home. I know some of the mums complain (I've heard them) of their child isn't invited and I don't want to leave people out. But ultimately I know my son will be happier just inviting his mates over so that's that. We tried a bigger party once and he didn't like it.

It's tough but ultimately lots of parties have limits on numbers x

Wow, that was very poor taste for that teacher to do that in front of everyone! Invites are always just put quietly into folders over here, and the kids see them when they get home and go through their folders for homework, etc.

Don't feel guilty, though. Parties are very expensive at soft play places, and you can't invite every child your daughter comes in contact. That's too much.

As a teacher I can honestly say that most days I wouldn't have enough time to slip the invites into book bags. It would either be me giving them out as discretely as I could at hometime or I would tell the parent they would have to catch the parents in the playground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->