Parvovirus b19 igg?

Fadetoblack

Reaction score
Any one familiar with this. My number came back high in my blood work. I am 5 and a half weeks.

https://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/84325

Isn't this fifth disease? Are you meaning that your blood work came back saying you have this? Not to alarm you, but if this is what you mean then I would call your dr.... Maybe it just means you're not immune to it ? Or are immune to it?

I know it can affect pregnant women more so than others and when you are pregnant you need to stay away from it. We had an outbreak at my school I teach at last year before I was pregnant.

Parvovirus is the also known as the fifth disease or slapped cheek. I contracted it when I was around 14 weeks pregnant last time. It is an airborne disease which normally starts to spread more around this time of year. It's commonly found amongst children as it is so easily spread (I am a teacher and believe I caught it from work) but the majority of the adult population does have immunity to it as they would have had it as a child (often without knowing). I didn't seem to have any of the classic symptoms so like you didn't even know I had it until my blood work showed it but have done a tone of research on this topic! You need to get in touch with your midwife to let them know what is going on, in most cases parvovirus does not affect the babies development but it can (and I stress in a small amount of cases, unfortunately affect growth) I had additional scans throughout my pregnancy and seen a consultant at the hospital to double check growth and the heart but luckily all was fine. There is a thread it the gestational complications section of this forum which I found reassuring to read, maybe worth a look. Easier said than done I know but please try not to worry too much about this at the moment. Please feel free to message me if you have any further questions, apart from the thread on the forum I found it it difficult to find anyone else who had contracted thisx ps my boy is a healthy 19 month old now and is proof mums can have parvovirus and all be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->