Passed large mass-UPDATE pic in intro: don't look if sad or squeamish

Jencocoa

Reaction score
After a lot of severe cramping I passed a pretty large mass. It's like what I figured I would pass when I miscarried. All I had previously was very minuscule blood clots and not very many of them. Yet when I went in for the ultrasound yesterday they said my uterus was empty. Can the ultrasound have been wrong or could the sac have still been on its way out? Because now one day later I passed this mass. is the mass just tissue? It's weird because you can tell it's not just blood it's a solid mass and there's like a little cord coming out of it. I'm wondering if there's any chance this is the sac with the baby or if thats just what I want to see, as my husband says. I called the office and they said it's probably just tissue and that I can expect more. If I get more like that I will definitely believe it's just tissue. I looked up pictures online and it looks just like pictures people said are the sac but also just like pictures people said were tissue. I would like to post a picture but I'm not sure if we are allowed or how.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 77
Could it be the placenta? I know nothing of miscarriages but when you deliver a term baby, it's baby then placenta. Maybe you passed the baby before the ultrasound and now you're passing all the other bits?
Again, so sorry for your loss. It's horrific to then have to go through the actual miscarriage :hugs:

Could it be the placenta? I know nothing of miscarriages but when you deliver a term baby, it's baby then placenta. Maybe you passed the baby before the ultrasound and now you're passing all the other bits?
Again, so sorry for your loss. It's horrific to then have to go through the actual miscarriage :hugs:

I don't know. I wondered the same thing. When I called they said it couldn't be a placenta because I wasn't 12 weeks yet everything online said you have placenta earlier on and I was almost 9 weeks so I'm starting to think they don't know what they're talking about. I'm still confused as to how I could've passed the sack in this tiny tiny cracks I had before, even if it was a small baby.

I miscarried at 9 weeks and when I passed the sac it was a rather large bloodied grey object you could almost inflate. Unfortunately it also got lodged in my cervix. So perhaps that's what happened to you. It was lodged in there and your body had to dilate to get it out. At least this is how it went for me.

I miscarried at 9 weeks and when I passed the sac it was a rather large bloodied grey object you could almost inflate. Unfortunately it also got lodged in my cervix. So perhaps that's what happened to you. It was lodged in there and your body had to dilate to get it out. At least this is how it went for me.

Oh so sorry. How did you know it was lodged in your cervix?

Yea mine was like a dark grey/plum colored blob. I instantly called my mom because she is so good with anything. And she came out and we fished it out of the toilet and looked up pictures. It resembles the exact same picture of a sac that someone had posted on the internet. And to tell you the truth, after that came out, I instantly felt better physically and emotionally.

I took pictures. I want to show my mom or midwife or you guys, somebody. Just want another opinion. But I feel nervous to ask them to look

I had 3 or 4 large masses when I miscarried at 10 weeks. I couldn't tell which was baby and which was just massive (I mean massive) clots. Another friend of mine said it was obvious to her when it was the baby.
I think if you have someone you trust and tell them you need someone to see what you're seeing and they agree then it's completely fine.
I am so sorry you are going through this. My heart breaks for you. I wish no person ever had to go through it.

Ultrasound can't be trusted... My sister got a medical termination due to the fetus had chromosome abnormalities. The termination was at 14 weeks. The doctor thought he got it all. The ultrasound showed nothing was left. 2 days later from cramping, she passed the fetus on her own in the shower :(

You can post it on here, thats if others don't mind or you can pm the picture to me. I had a blighted ovum so there technically was no baby when I miscarried so I don't know if that might make a difference with the picture.

You can post it on here, thats if others don't mind or you can pm the picture to me. I had a blighted ovum so there technically was no baby when I miscarried so I don't know if that might make a difference with the picture.
How do I post? I don't see an option to do so. Maybe I
Need to be at desktop?

I put the original picture in the intro/original post. This one is after I washed off some clots. * this is wrong pic. I can't get it to change. Bad angle, can't see detail. It's not a blood clot. Look at first pic on page 1.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 46
Ive had a couple of late mc (18 weeks and 15 weeks) where I had to be induced and deliver the baby, but I still lost clots like this afterwards, think it's possible just the womb lining? Not entirely sure though hun. Sorry for your loss x

When I suffered with my mmc. I had to take anything I passed to the hospital with me so they could examine it. It could be part of the sac or placenta though :hugs: xx

With my last m/c I was 10wks but the baby was 8-9wks in size. I passed lots of clots/tissue that looked like your picture, one was even the same shape as the baby on the ultrasound (peanut shape) so I thought it could be it but when the sac finally came out at the end it was quite different to everything else. It was a hard and greyish looking ball.

With my other m/c I was 9wks but the baby only measured 5.5wks and I didn't even notice the sac come out as it must have been a lot smaller.

I think it could be part of the forming placenta. I know the placenta doesn't take over until later but it is forming right from the start.

I'm sorry for your loss xx

I had 2 blighted ovums discovered at 12 weeks, so there was never a baby to pass but when I was going through the medical management of my first one, I lost a HUGE amount of blood and clots on the first few days and then it calmed down. I bled for around another month, until finally I started to heomorrage and whilst I was in hospital I passed about 4 clots about that size which looked like sacs, even though the scan had said there was nothing there. I honestly believe that your body will continue to clot as you bleed, please keep an eye on things - if you pass anything else call the hospital as there is a chance of infection if things continue xx

Thanks so much ladies. I've not passed anything else like it, just small clots. There were clots attached to this, but this was like grey-purple and hard. It was definitely something, but I guess I will never know if it is sac or placenta or what, I guess in the end it doesn't matter. I just have mild cramps now with a few sharp pains from time to time. I don't like them because every time I feel a cramp it reminds me of the baby I lost. I don't mind seeing newborns or babies, they are so precious, but seeing pregnant women makes me heart hurt.

Take it to hosptial and get the tissue tested they will be able. To tell you cc

When I lost I also had a scan which shown a completely empty womb, I went to the toilet 5 minutes after and passed a similar mass.

Sorry for your loss hun, I was following your story with hope x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->