Passed tissue 5 weeks after ERPC **gross pic**

salamander91

Reaction score
I had a mmc in january. I had an erpc at 11 weeks (pregnancy measuring 6 weeks) on the 30th Jan.

I haven't had any scans or tests from the hospital since my ERPC. I did go to them 4 days after my surgery with heavy bleeding, pain and dizziness but they said it couldn't be retained tissue because I wasn't in enough pain.

Yesterday I passed this chunk of tissue. The picture isn't good. It was grey tissue with some blood on one side. Is this retained tissue? I was still getting very faint positive tests so I'm guessing it was :( uterus lining possibly as it was 7cm long which seems quite big for a pregnancy measuring 6 weeks?Screenshot_20200306-105705_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200306-105708_Gallery.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss. Definitely looks like retained tissue...or placenta. How are you feeling now?

Ugh I thought so. Hopefully that's all of it ](*,) I'm feeling ok. No pain or bleeding except a little after it came out yesterday. I do have an upset stomach today but the kids have had a bug this past week so I'm guessing that's to do with that rather than the retained tissue.

As long as the cramping isnt worse, or heavy bleeding, or a high temp, hopefully that's it. If that does happen, ring your dr. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

I had a stillbirth back in December and they scanned me right after delivery to make sure everything came out. I have had two periods since then and passed similar looking tissue. It's def not retained tissue because my hormone levels were normal within 4 weeks of my stillbirth. It could just be a big chunk of the lining sloughing off. However, if you are concerned, you can always call the dr and see what they say.

I had a stillbirth back in December and they scanned me right after delivery to make sure everything came out. I have had two periods since then and passed similar looking tissue. It's def not retained tissue because my hormone levels were normal within 4 weeks of my stillbirth. It could just be a big chunk of the lining sloughing off. However, if you are concerned, you can always call the dr and see what they say.

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I was still having faint positive tests until a few days after I passed the tissue which is why I think it was retained tissue. I haven't had a period yet. I'm not having any pain, bleeding or signs of infection so I think I'll avoid the doctor for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->