Past and Present TTCers~ The continuation of IVF 2012 - present!

bubu - I am so in love with your little Punktchen. You always get great pictures from your clinic. Are you still sore in the ovaries? It would be great for your body to calm down soon.

It really really scares me to do another full round of IVF knowing that I will have OHSS again. When I got pregnant in September 2013 my E2 levels were above 12000(yes all those zeros do count) just before trigger and I remember my OHSS didn't go away at all in the first trimester. It was only after my miscarriage that I started feeling better from the OHSS. Even in my FET cycle this time, I had some fluid in the ovaries and on my right side which had been causing pain. So it has to be much worse the next time with a full fresh cycle. I only wish so hard that I could have a "normal" pain free IVF next time.

Congrats bubu!!! She's perfect!!!!! :happydance: And yes... I said SHE! :pink:

bubu- I do think little Punktchen is a GIRL too!

Kathy - do you know when you start again?

BUBU....Beautiful picture you have there <3

Hi Honey <3 I have the slightest idea of when I start...they had me listed as starting today but that clearly didn't work out...so I'm still waiting.

@ Honey - yes, my ovaries are still a bit sore (although no comparison to last week Monday) and I am still a bit bloated ... it was kind of a relief to see it on the sono this morning, almost like proof of what I have been feeling.
But it is definitely much much better than a week ago, so I think (and doctor thinks) that it is settling down now.

I am totally in <3 with Pünktchen already too ... How is it possible to be so in love with a little dot already?!?! :cloud9:

Interesting, girls! I wonder why you are thinking :pink:? :) My MIL thinks so too *lol*

Honey, I can imagine that you are terrified of the OHSS again! I think it is awful that your body reacts so sensitively. Is there nothing the doctors can do so that you don't respond with OHSS? It really is a nasty experience and I hope that it can somehow be prevented! Perhaps Mo has some ideas / tips? :hugs:

Kathy - I really hope that you can start soon and I can send you heaps of :dust: :) :) <3

Bubu - I am so thrilled for you, such a great photo!! Is it beginning to sink in yet?! :D

Jenn - that sounds so scary! :shock: I'm sure we have many such moments ahead of us, eek!

Honey - does your clinic do unmedicated/natural ivf? I'm not really sure of the details about what's involved but I know I read something about it at some stage. Have you tried any acu? A good acupuncturist might be able to help with the ohss symptoms? :hugs:

Prayin - sorry you didn't get to start today. Why were you delayed? :hugs:

@ Getting ... slowly but surely I am starting to believe (boobs hurting does help :lol:) ... but I won't start feeling more secure until I have seen the heartbeat next week ... :) Even if everything (the scan, the bloods) are all pointing in the right direction <3 :cloud9:

Hi Getting....my period has not come yet....they need to wait for it....and my track record has not been the best. I have until the 18th now to wait.

BUBU - super exciting!!! How many weeks will you be next week?

Well, I am 5w+1d today, so on Wednesday will be 6w+2d :)

Logan is here! Congrats Angie!!!! So happy for you!!

Congrats Angie!!!

Bubu - how are u feeling?!

Kathy - how are you?

HI Stinas!!! I'm doing ok....mood swings and all....really bad pms-ing...I just sat and cried yesterday...not sure what is up..lol..

How are you feeling?

Little Logan is simply scrumptious! :)

I'm doing OK, thanks. Finding the wait until next Wednesday to see if we have a heartbeat so difficult.
Had quite a comical situation this morning (well, it was still the night) - I really wanted to do a last test today, wanting to see the progression to 3+ ... well, I woke in the night bursting for the loo (as usual) and ... couldn't really see what I was doing in the dark, but thought I had aimed well. The test didn't work at all *lol* didn't do any measuring, just stayed blank. I know many of you had said to stay away from the digi - but I really wanted to have that progression for my (already started *lool*) photo album.
Well - I guess fate just decided for me :D So that's it, no more testing *looool*

Other news (I know it's super early) - on Wednesday we went to an open house at midwife-led centre, I have already known even before this success (in fact, for years), that at the thought of going into the hospital, I get all panicky ... terrified of interventions etc. So this would be a good compromise solution for me. Really loved the centre, the rooms, the birthing bath and the midwives are soooo lovely. (They do have - if necessary - excellent clinics just around the corner, both for birthing as well as for babies)...
I basically felt, if that is where I would like to have my baby, then I would have my check-ups there as well. So that the relationship with the midwives is close. Basically, once you go in to deliver, you have one midwife there observing you the whole time (from a distance / giving help if you need it) and because there is not constantly changing personnel and pretty much constant observation of the progress, they can tell if things aren't going to plan early enough. There are also doctors.. So if you go there for the checks and really get to know each other as well as the location, it feels "homely". The clinic atmosphere in hospitals just starts me panicking - probably making things even more painful.
Of course, if in the course of the pregnancy, something becomes risky, then I would never put the child's (and my) safety on the line and would naturally go to the hospital - but this is my first line of choice.

We made an appointment for a first meeting - March 27th (funnily enough, that was my parent's wedding date back in 1965). I showed the midwife the picture of Pünktchen and she said that it looked really good and that Pünktchen had chosen a very good spot to nestle in (comforting to hear that) and she said that it was good coming early - a spot in November would be guaranteed!

Other than that ... feeling fine - just really tired. And weeing like a world champion... Wish I knew that everything is going OK! That Pünktchen is well and that its heart will be flickering away on Wednesday... My bloating seems to have got better ... still feeling the ovaries, but nothing too dramatic... I feel like pressure in the abdomen region, but that's it. I so pray that everything is OK. I feel at peace and I feel so positive about everything ... I guess the fear never really goes away, does it :(

How are you doing Stinas? :hugs:

No the fear never goes away!!! Better get used to it! ;) pretty sad what is going on in Germany with the midwives insurance coverage! :( I hope they figure it out soon

Yup, I think it is terrible. I feel very lucky, that we will still have the chance to go there this year ... It is unbelievable, that this country is trying to force women to go to hospitals to have babies! I have signed a few petitions already, supporting midwives! Women should be able to have a choice!

Yeah, I know ... I just really want to see a heartbeat <3 <3 (and then get to the next milestones afterwards too).

Bubu the fear is never ending!! I agree with the mw your scan looks great!! I know you really can't wait until Wednesday but I can't wait either!!!!

Kathy - do you know when you are going to get started? Im doing well&#8230;.as every day passes, I get more and more nervous! lol

BUBU - The fear NEVER goes away!!!! Sometimes when they are having a lazy day, I freak out and poke my belly so someone can move and I can feel better lol I feel bad but I apologize and tell them I was just checking lol
I can't wait for your scan. Thats the scan that made me most nervous&#8230;..so I know how you are feeling! Just go in open minded and positive! Everything will be ok! Stay happy and so will the little bean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->