Pasta

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
When did you start feeding your LO whole pasta? And what shape did you start with? I keep reading about people giving spaghetti but won't they choke on that?! I can barely eat spaghetti :rofl:

i gave it katie at about 6 months. the spaghetti i just cooked and then cut up into 1-2 inch pieces. i give her pasta shells and stuff sometimes as finger food, just another thing they know how to eat!!

I used to use the baby pasta from about 6 months and now I get the tiny pasta shells I think they are supposed to be used in soups much cheaper and still great x

I think some people use those spaghetti shapes? You know the ones in tomato sauce in like barbie or winnie the pooh shapes, theyre really soft and easy for them to eat

i buy the little baby pasta, she started eating it at 7months and has either little shells or little pieces of spaghetti :)

We gave Poppy the tiny pasta stars from about 7 months but last week I gave her the Annabel Karmel Dinosaur pasta (just because it was on offer and they are quite big pieces of pasta). Gave them to Poppy with some tinned tomatoes and tuna and she ate them off a spoon and by picking them up as finger food. A definite hit!

I give Helena those little alphabet pasta, or the little stars. I have also cut bowties in quarters, and I found some little tube type things that I gave her as a finger food the other day. I haven't tried spaghetti. Oh and she also has had lasagna but it was mega mushy.

I give it as finger food quite often, since he was about 5 and a half months.

Have given the twists so far, don't think he would be able to pick spaghetti up!!!

they have the baby pastas which are supposed to be fortified with iron but we've always just used the macaronis (adult version) for Hannah

Mmmmm use pastinas :)

I don't know what the real name is, we just call them pastina at my house :blush:

So if anyone knows what they are :)

I but the baby spaghetti for Jack. It just like 'normal' spag chopped into smaller bit.
Also if i am makeing macaroni cheese, i use the tiny macaroni for Jack, its a great size for hime to eat :)

I use pasta stars in her food and just started giving her penne pasta or twists, just a couple for her to hold and chew on. She loves the stuff!! No spaghetti yet, but will in her food, but I've made so much in bulk, I have to wait till my freezer empties a little!

I give twists for finger food , And the rest i put in his bowl and cut with clean scissors

I started giving pasta from 7-8months. I started off with the baby pasta shapes, i think cow and gate and heinz do them. When he was confident with eating i gave him whole pasta shapes as a finger food. And i started off with the baby spaghetti also, made bu Heinz but now he is older i use ordinary spaghetti but break it up into small bits for boiling it xxx

hi
i gave imogen spag but cut into tiny pieces from 7 months, then from around 9 months i started giving her pasta twists as a finger food as she won't let us feed her, but she loves pasta with tomatoe puree/tuna an its easy for her to pick up xxx

When did you start feeding your LO whole pasta? And what shape did you start with? I keep reading about people giving spaghetti but won't they choke on that?! I can barely eat spaghetti :rofl:

We started about 2 months ago and she loves spaghetti, I dont bother to cut it up, she just grabs it and shoves it in!! Never had a problem with her choking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->