paternity testing, question for a friend.

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
Hi girls :) I'm currently in ttc#1 but a friend of mine is in a crisis and asked me to post for her.

She slept with 2 guys and now is late. She wouldn't know who the dad is.. She was wondering what is involved with paternity testing? I have no idea so I thought I would point this to you ladies. Anyone know the process? Thanks!

She can simply ask the two men to go to a local facility that does paternity testing. It would make everything much easier and it's really simple. Not sure on prices, however.

If they refuse, in some cases, a court/judge can force a man to take a paternity test, though I'm not sure what those circumstances may be.

Just tell her to do some research in your community. One paternity facility may be different from another. I wish her all the best <3

Thanks :) one of the guys knows about all this but the other dosent, so if they go test she would know for sure. She was wondering what they do.. Like the procedure. Thanks :) I'll tell her to look up stuff in her area.

A Dna test is just a mouth swab of the infant and potential fathers.

She only needs to dna one man if it's between 2. If he's negative you know it's the other man. Unless she's got other doubts...

It's done via mouth swab. Take 2 seconds to collect a sample and not that long to get results. A few days of you're lucky. Obviously she needs to wait till baby is born.

she doesn't need to wait until the baby is born. some procedures allow to collect the DNA samples from baby before birth, one through chorionic villi sampling, the other through amniocentesis, both procedures are usually quite expensive and carry a certain risk for baby (amniocentesis not so much actually, but chorionic villi yes, there is a certain rate of miscarriage associated to it).
the potential father needs to collect a mouth swab, that's it. if i were her, i would ask the guy who already knows about it to do a swab as it is less of a shock for him since he already knows.. but... to be honest, i'd inform the other guy too. no matter if he ain't the baby's father in the end, he needs to know. also because there is no way for her to know who the father is, before she is already several weeks along and the sooner they know the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->