PCOS and OPK question

Is that the same as Vitex? I ordered some of that as I read it helps with PCOS to reduce testosterone levels which i figured at the very least might help with the unwanted hairs. Do you find it helps?

Yes it's the same.

It really helped last month to bring my ov forward. My skin was pretty clear last month too right through af.

Do you have many pcos symptoms? I only really have irregular periods. I had terrible skin when I was younger and had roaccutane to clear it.

As i mentioned before very irregular periods, also have unwanted embarrasing hairs on my chin that i wax, a line of hairs on my tummy up to belly button like men get and when i shave legs or under arms it starts to grow back in a day later they're very dark its horrible, also sometimes my stomach bloats up so much i look about 6months pregnant.

I was tested for it 4yrs ago the bloods came back and i was sent for a scan but that revealed i was 8 weeks pregnant with Ewan, came as a massive shock. Afterwards they never done anything about it. When the doctor sent me for the scan all he said was come back when you want to try for a baby because i wasn't over weight. Well I went back a few weeks ago and told him I wanted to try for a baby and gave him a list of all my periods since having coil removed Dec 2009 and he referred me straigh away I was surprised at that half expected him to tell me to wait and come back.

Have you known for long that you have it?

I was only diagnosed in October and confirmed with a scan in November.

Before I moved my last Gp wouldn't look into my irregular periods until I wanted to ttc. It was frustrating as I wanted to know how difficult it would be. I think a lot of doctors expect you to be overweight with pcos.

Fortunately I have private healthcare through work and my current Gp was happy to refer me. My fs said it was mild pcos and couldn't see an issue conceiving anymore than someone without, however a period once every 6 months makes it near impossible!

Did you go for the tinure or vitex pills?

Its vitex they just arrived this morning 1000mg. Is it true you have to stop taking them once you ovulate? FF confirmed ovulation this morning I'm 3dpo which I am quite releived about temp raised to 36.33.

I know what you mean most people get 12 chances a year and if your period is every 6 months then you only really have 2 chances.

Fx'd for us. x

Yep, you shouldn't take it after ov. I'm really pleased for you!

I'm hoping vitex will continue to shorten my cycles. Ff predict I'm going to ov cd26, but who knows!

Fx for you in your ttw x

well i've been temping and using opk's for about 2 months

i've not had one pos opk or an ov show in my temping however i did have the typical ov pains last month and a 'bubbly tummy' too pmsl

a couple of weeks later i had a tiny drop of blood which is the only sign i've had for 2 years

nothing this month so not really sure where i stand right now

Carhar - sounds good if its shortening the cycle its definately worth it. I was telling my friend who is also ttc just now about them yesterday so I think she was going home to order them too.

Butterfly- have you been to your doctor to see if they can refer you? Also are you taking temps at the same time each day. If you click onto my chart and scroll down you'll see for the first few attempts at charting I've been all over the place with them. I started setting the alarm to go off before OH gets up for work and taking temp then going back to sleep without looking at it. My thermometer stores it so i check it when I get up. I have also been checking CP, this is what caused me to do an OPK when I got the positive as it was more open than i had ever felt it.

Fx'd and baby dust to you both :dust:

That's rubbish Butterfly. Pcos really is pants.

Temping really helped me understand my cycle. Do you use soy? I've thought about trying it if vitex doesn't work this month.

July - I hope you temp is still high x

Yeah its still climbing. Was surprised though woke up and outside was covered in snow. I dont have heating on during the night so though that would have affected it obviously not. Its turning stormy out now so snow has washed away thank goodness.

That's brilliant. I would definiately say you ov'd.

It's just cold here. I heard it snowed in Scotland today. Where abouts are you? I love Scotland everytime I've been everyone has been lovely.

Butterfly- have you been to your doctor to see if they can refer you? Also are you taking temps at the same time each day. If you click onto my chart and scroll down you'll see for the first few attempts at charting I've been all over the place with them. I started setting the alarm to go off before OH gets up for work and taking temp then going back to sleep without looking at it. My thermometer stores it so i check it when I get up. I have also been checking CP, this is what caused me to do an OPK when I got the positive as it was more open than i had ever felt it.

Fx'd and baby dust to you both :dust:

That's rubbish Butterfly. Pcos really is pants.

Temping really helped me understand my cycle. Do you use soy? I've thought about trying it if vitex doesn't work this month.

Well i work for an emergency service so i work shifts i try to take it after the same amount of sleep each night though.

i have tried soy yes 1st month i just got slight ov pains, 2nd month i got stronger ov pains and a teeny drop of blood after a few weeks. not had a single pos opk not even a tinge of a line and my temps seem to be quite up and down really

i have been going to the gyno but they aren't doing much, my doctor said she can't do anything without my gyno's say so :wacko: booo lol

If soy doesn't work for you this cycle, I'd recommend vitex. This cycle I'm now cd13 and had ferning on my ovulation microscope and opks are getting darker. I've had a false pos opk before so not getting too excited.

As I've mentioned, before vitex my cycles have always been 6 months. If it's not just a surge without ov, I should be on course for a 30 day cycle!

Oh dear, I sound like a vitex sales rep!!!!

Fx for you butterfly, I really don't understand why they won't help you. X

Sometimes with PCOS you can have all the symptoms of ovulating and then you don't. That's the hard part of trying to get pregnant with PCOS.

Did your OB/GYN ever put you on Provera to get your periods regular?

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->