PCOS and TTC

MrsArmstrong

Reaction score
Hi!

I am new to this site but was wondering if anyone could offer me advice?

I have just been diagnosed with PCOS and I have an appointment with an Endocronologist in 4 weeks time. I wondered what I should expect at that appointment and how long it might take for me to start any form of treatment? My sister also has PCOS and she ended up being given Clomid but she had already been diagnosed with PCOS years before she TTC.

Will the Endocrinologist end up doing loads more tests?

I have had hormone tests and scans. The scans showed the cysts on my ovaries but my hormones were normal. I have not had a period for 7 months after coming off the pill.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

MrsArmstrong

Hi!

I have just been diagnosed with PCOS and I have an appointment with an Endocronologist in 4 weeks time. I wondered what I should expect at that appointment and how long it might take for me to start any form of treatment? My sister also has PCOS and she ended up being given Clomid but she had already been diagnosed with PCOS years before she TTC.

I have had hormone tests and scans. The scans showed the cysts on my ovaries but my hormones were normal. I have not had a period for 7 months after coming off the pill.

MrsArmstrong

I also have pcos, immediately after bring diagnosed I was put on prometrium which is a progesterone pill, this helps to start and stp my period and it can be taken while TTC. In fact many people with and without Pcos take prometrium during the TWW to help carry more succesfully. My dr also had me take an insulin resistance test, I had to drink this sugar drink and wait. Took a few hours not too bad. Some people with pcos have sugar issue and need to take Metformin. I was right on the cusp so I am not taking it yet. I was prescribed clomid as soon as I told my doctor we were TTC because we had be NTNP for years and had never concieved.

Hi!

MrsArmstrong

Hi!

I was diagnosed with PCOS in Feb of this year and my doc never had me see an Endocrinologist so I wouldn't be able to offer you any advice there. However, I just wanted to say stay strong because it can be a bumpy ride and you can always talk to us. My doc put me on Metformin because my hormones were a little crazy lol and then in September I did my first round of Clomid and had my progesterone test which showed I had finally O'd. I am suppose to start AF today but nothing and BFN yesterday morning.

i have pcos and i was put on metformin mid august and still and now its 10/18/2013 and i am still not pregnant :-(...

i have pcos and i was put on metformin mid august and still and now its 10/18/2013 and i am still not pregnant :-(...

did metformin regulate your cycles???you can use ovulation tests at home they are very cheap in order to find your ovulation and increase the odds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->