PCOS and TTC?

sarahbear731

TTC #3!
Reaction score
Doc just diagnosed me with PCOS. Hubby doesn't want me to go on fertility drugs as he wants to NTNP, but my doc says I likely won't conceive without help. Needless to say, I'm a bit gutted...

My husband was the same way at first. What you need to do is explain to him that while you would love to conceive naturally, it is not a realistic option. He needs to know how much this means to you and the reason behind it.

I don't know if he is into numbers but you could break down the likelihood of you conceiving naturally versus with fertility assistance.

When I was going through fertility counseling, I had to explain to my husband what was happening with my body. I made a point of taking him to my appointments. They made me try to conceive naturally for 6 months before approving Clomid. It really struck it home for him in those months when they tested my blood every single month just to tell me that I hadn't ovulated and the prescribed Provera once again to stimulate a menstrual cycle.

If you have trouble speaking aloud, write him a letter. Ask him to take you seriously and make sure he knows that you need his support. It doesn't matter if it's baby number 1 or baby number 3. Wishful thinking doesn't override facts. TTC takes a huge emotional toll when your fertility is not the best.

Best of luck to you hunny <3

Thank you so much. He is a wonderful father and husband and watched me struggle for 2 years to have our youngest, so he knows how hard this can be. He says he would love another baby, but worries about the cost of adding another mouth to feed. I get it, I really do. But being pregnant and bringing new life into this world is one of my favorite things in the whole world.

I went on clomid after 2 years and conceived our youngest on the first cycle. My new doc is ready to medicate immediately after my next cycle, so that's a plus. I just need to get my husband on board.

I will talk to him this weekend (hes got a stressful day at work tomorrow) and explain to him that it cant hurt to try. We'll see...

I am in a similar boat myself at the moment. I want to TTC #3 and my husband is only half on board. I am in the middle of fertility counseling right now as I had to switch to a new practice/doctor. My old one literally shut down. Luckily, they have accepted my past history and only want to test me this month to confirm for themselves as my last testing was done in 2016.

One second my husband wants one more and the next he lists off all of the what ifs. I have a theory that men are never really ready until the baby is here. Haha. I told him once I get a green light from this obgyn that he had better be ready.

I always planned on three kids. I grew up with two brothers and it's how I always imagined it. I would be happy for either gender. He's out of luck because he agreed to it before we ever got married! He thinks that since we have a boy and a girl that means we don't really need three. He greatly underestimates my broodiness.

I asked him last night when he wants to know if I am pregnant once we start and he said, "18 years after the baby arrives". Hahaha.

I&#8217;ve never used fertility meds with my pcos and have an almost 3 year old and am working on #2 now (currently 9dpo). I&#8217;ve regulated my cycles with vitex, inositol, natural progesterone cream and diet/exercise. I ovulate every month (i temp). Could you maybe try something like that? There are a lot of herbs/vitamins that can help.

I don't ovulate whatsoever without medical help personally. This year, I was diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia. My lining had thickened to over 15mm from not having a menstrual cycle in a little over 2 years.

My ob was able to treat it but no amount of supplements have ever worked for me. I am very glad that they do for you. :)

I read that red raspberry leaf tea naturally gets rid of cysts, im going to get some and thought id share that with you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->