**pcos- anyone have any success stories on metformin?**

StephHastings

TTC Baby #2 With PCOS
Reaction score
Hi, I am asking if anyone has any success stories using metformin? I am currently TTC #2 and I can't for the life of me remember if I was using metformin when I conceived my son. I done some research regarding, and I have read more positive and than negative. I have tried clomid 3 rounds and havent been successful. Does Metformin really work for woman who have PCOS? I am 33yrs old am I too old to try for baby #2?? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

I am starting metformin today, i also have pcos. Will be watching this thread for (hopefully) positive replys :D

I am going to keep my eye on this thread too. Hopefully there will be some success stories! I am only taking Metformin now...no more Clomid...I do know that I have noticed a difference while taking Metformin..it has regulated my cycle :)
Steph- NO WAY you are too old for #2. Metformin may be all you need to get your body where it needs to be :) Did you ovulate while taking Clomid?

Something else I started doing....my sister read about Maca root...it is supposed to help regulate your hormones and be really good for you...organic and all...I am hoping that it will work :) It tastes disgusting though...yuck!

I am 33 myself and am interested in seeing what the ladies here have to say. I am also trying to # 2. My DD is 14! I must be crazy!:haha: I tried clomid and it didnt work for me. We actually have our 1st FS appt today and I am so nervous! GL ladies!:thumbup:

hey babywishes, how did f/s go?
I have been taking the metformin for 5 days now and i am pleased to say i haven't had any bad side effects from it :D x

I have been taking metformin for over a year now and I am happy that it has regulated my cycle. Clomid did not work for me, let's see if it is going to happen with just Metformin.

hey babywishes, how did f/s go?
I have been taking the metformin for 5 days now and i am pleased to say i haven't had any bad side effects from it :D x

Hi Charbaby, The appt went really well! We had already done a lot of the testing so we didnt have to do any! My new meds are in my siggy now! The metformin gave me some tummy issues for the 1st few days but now I seem fine! I have actually lost 6 pounds already!:thumbup: But they may have a lot to do with the first 2 day tummy trouble:haha: I am waiting now to start so we can start our O meds and schedule for a U/S!!:happydance: IF the U/S shows good follies we will be doing the IUI right after!! I have my trigger shot in the fridge waiting! I am really excited and hope all this works! I dont know if we really need the IUI as hubbs swimmers per the doc were perfect. The dang doctor actually gave my Hubbs a :thumbup:! Freaking men! lol! We are going the IUI just incase and to have the best chance of everything working this month. Our Ins. covers NOTHING but DX! So we will be out of pocket for the IUI. Thank goodness this place only charges 250 for and IUI!! That includes the wash and everything:happydance: Sooo...now just waiting for:witch:to show and were are on our way!! I should start no later than the 6th! I have been running the dates and with what I figure we will be 10 dpo (IUI) on 3/29. We found out last year on 3/29 we were expecting!! We lost baby @ 13 wks but I am hoping this is a good sign! This LO and the one we lost would have the same due date 1 year apart! Praying this works and bean sticks like glue!! Good luck to all you lovely ladies!!

I have been taking metformin for over a year now and I am happy that it has regulated my cycle. Clomid did not work for me, let's see if it is going to happen with just Metformin.

Good Luck!! I have read amazing things abt Metformin! I am excited to be on it myself! When is your next O day supposed to be?

wow babywishes that all sounds so great best of luck to you hope it all works out xxxx

Hi ladies!

Can I join this thread? I'm not LTTTC but I do have PCOS and have just started taking metformin 3 days ago. Really need to have shorter cycles (they're currently between 65-79 days!). Would love to hear some success stories.

TMI warning re side effects on it: So far I've been feeling really full after eating only a small amount of food, and my stools have been too soft and difficult to pass (sorry TMI!!!). Anyone esle had this?

Hi Ladies,

I have PCOS and was TTC for over two years. I was given clomid, which made me ovulate but i didn't get my BFP. Found out i was insulin resistant, and had to go private to get Metformin. I done two cycles of metformin, then gave up on all medication as was waiting for referred back to the fertility clinic to go on waiting list for IVF, and you guest it. Bang BFP. It was the first month i was not temping, using opks or any medication. Anyone says stop trying, and i didn't believe them, but its amazing how the body works.

Keep up with your Metformin and make sure you eat a Low GI diet.

Wishing you all luck.

Hi ladies,
I was on metformin for 3 months an it unfortunalty didnt work for me.
im now on my first month of clomid, fingers crossed x

How many MG of Metformin were you using? and were you have normal cycles?

Hi ladies,
I was on metformin for 3 months an it unfortunalty didnt work for me.
im now on my first month of clomid, fingers crossed x

i was takin 500mg. yea my cycles were every 33 days i think. x

That is a really low low dosage of metformin :( back when I concieved my son i was on 1000mg. I am currently on 2000mg of metformin. At first when you take it it messes with your stomach, but I think I am moved thru that because I dont feel so nauseous anymore when I take 1000mg in the morning and 1000mg in the evening, however I always take it with food.. You should speak to your doctor about uping the dosage, because it is really low. It might help you :)

i was takin 500mg. yea my cycles were every 33 days i think. x

I started metformin today and FX it works! Only on 1000mg a day! Havent had any side effects yet -not surprising on only 1 pill so far! Haha

Still hoping for some positive feedback! Will be stalking and bumping this thread!

:flower:

I think I am over the whole symptoms for Metformin WOOT WOOT..

marking my place in this thread, my doctor wants to see me on monday and she mentioned metformin. I'm 25, PCOS, and recurrent miscarriages, I'm on clomid this month privately and I wonder whats the best combo, clomid + met or just clomid or just met???

When I took Clomid I started off with 1000MG of Met and 100mg of Clomid. I was told to continue taking met even when I was on the clomid.. :) It will only help!

Hello ladies,

ive been on met for about 8 weeks-ish,
and fell preg the first time i ovulated!!! (after 2 weeks of being on it, 1500mg slow release) and i usualy dont ovulate on my own, so yes i deffinetly think it works.
sadly it was a chem/early misscarige - but ive also read that met can reduce your chances of miscarrige in pcos.

i dont have any terrible side effects, upset tummy when i eat to much junk food but thats all.

Hoping that now ive been on met for a little longer that my next pregancy will stick :D

i highly reccomened you all give it ago
xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"