PCOS - Clomid -Ovarian Drilling....More Clomid?

firefghtrwife

Reaction score
Hey ladies! I haven't posted in a while as I completely turned my mind off of TTCing and just tried the "don't think about it" method. DIDN'T work. :haha:

On January 9th I went in for a laparoscopy hysterosalgingogram (tubal patency ) and while my Dr. was in there he removed a "severe" blockage in my right tube, a good amount of scar tissue, and did Ovarian Drilling because of my PCOS. He said my ovaries were "rock solid" with cysts. He showed my husband and I pictures of my ovaries before and after drilling and stated that he drilled atleast 25 cysts in each ovary (that is A LOT) He then said that in two weeks when we go in for my post op surgery that he wants to try Clomid again (after 4 failed increasing dosage cycles) this will put me up to 250mg ..now correct me if I am wrong, isn't this the highest dosage?

Have any of you had success after ovary drilling without Clomid or fertility meds. afterwards?

Not to mention that the rate of multiples increase with each increase of dosage...if he just did the ovary drilling and gives me 250mg dosage of Clomid - this means that the risk of multiples sky rockets..correct?

We just aren't sure what direction we need to go... ANY input is greatly appreciated!

I am by no means an expert. But I wonder, now that you have had the ovarian drilling you might not need to be on such a high dose????

Anyway, it is excellent that you have had this done!! Fingers crossed that it will have done the trick and you will conceive very soon xx

I have PCOS and was on clomid 50, 150 and 200mg CD2-6 before I had ovarian drilling - I never ovulated on those dosages. I had my ovarian drilling done in October but still did not ovulate on my own the next cycle I had. My OBGYN put me on 300mg clomid CD5-9 in December to try before he refers me off to IVF. He did say to me that even though people who do not respond to clomid before ovarian drilling sometimes do respond after it so it was worth giving it a go. As for the increased chance of multiples, I am not sure. Taking clomid increases the risks slightly anyway. A lady I know had triplets!

I am still waiting to see my OBGYN for my December cycle ovulation results. However, for the first time ever my BBTs followed a typical cycle pattern, I had a dip and rise and my temp stayed high until my body started a new cycle after 33 days... I haven't had a proper cycle that started by itself since being on birth control (have had to take Provera every time to bring on cycles). You can check out my chart to see what I mean if you want... https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Jillie89/">My Ovulation Chart

My boobs were so sore for 12 days prior to my new cycle starting too, which I am pretty sure was from the progesterone levels in my body after ovulating. Even though I am not certain I ovulated until I get those blood results, all the signs say I did and my body had never reacted the way it did on clomid in the previous cycles.

I did 300mg again this cycle and go for day 23 bloods again on Tuesday. See my OBGYN for both blood results on the 29th.

Hi Firefghtrwife. I am new to BnB. Joined Jan. 15. I have PCOS too. I’m sorry about your rock solid cysts. I bet you felt crampy all the time! The drilling should help a LOT. I’m surprised that the doctor wanted to put you on Clomid already. I would think he would give you a month or even two to see if you will ov without Clomid. There is definitely a chance of multiples with Clomid. Higher doses also have more noticed side effects. I had every side effect except for one. I didn’t have hallucinations. I was hard to be around while I was going through those cycles. I hope it all works out for you soon. Good luck.

I had OD done 12/6/12 and finally after 6 weeks started my cycle for the 1st time without the help of meds this weekend. :happydance:My MD is starting me in 100mg of clomid on day 3 to help regulate the growth of a mature follicle. I could do a wait and see approach without Clomid but I think this is a low enough dosage to start. It would be great to see how your body responded after OD before you start meds again. Good luck to you:flower:

I go Tuesday for my drilling. I did not respond to any dose of clomid up to 150mg. and when Itook 150mg I also did a step up to 5mg femara in the same cycle, no results. I have not tried injections yet, but may after drilling.
did any of you ladies receive your BFP?

BABY DUST

Hope it all goes well on Tuesday for you. I ovulated after the drilling on 300mg clomid 3 cycles in a row but no BFP. Before drilling I never ovulated on clomid. Hubby and I are going down the IVF road now though. Wishing you all the luck to get your BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->