PCOS Essay

ashlie89

Reaction score
Hi there, My name is Ashlie and I am studying Human Biology as part of my course at university.

I was just wandering if any PCOS sufferers wanted to share their stories so I can use it as primary research in an essay of mine.

Just a bit about why I am doing this: I was given a choice about what body system I'd like to write about in my essay, so I chose the Endocrine system. Part of this came from when I trained as a beauty therapist a few years ago, I used to get many women with PCOS come in for waxing or epilation treatments and most were TTC, I found most of these stories heart-breaking however the hope that came from these women was very compelling.

To me the endocrine system is a very complex system that I would like to know more about, and a first hand story would be great to help me understand this more.

What I would like to know:
What you as a sufferer knows about PCOS and the hormones that directly or indirectly cause this?
What age you found out and weather it was from underlying health problems or from TTC?
How long you have had PCOS and whether the symptoms of the condition have changed with age? (and what age you were diagnosed)
Whether pregnancy affected the severity of the symptoms?
Have you taken any medication which has helped you conceive, or reduce the symptoms?
And any websites with statistics and really helpful information would be great (preferably medical documents or university research that you may have looked into)

I will need information to reference you in this essay, which will only consist of a first initial and a surname. If you wanted this to be more confidential I can pass you on my email address and/or facebook if you prefer.

Please let me stress this is for educational purposes only and you won't be used in any statistics or surveys!

Kind Regards

Ashlie Hamlyn

P.S. If you are willing to help could you please state weather you are UK or US as I believe the medication and support you are given by the medical services are miles apart! Thanks (Sorry for the essay!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->