PCOS...first response fertility and OPK

countrygirl75

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone with PCOS has used the the first response fertility and ovulation kits. I am regular every month with a period, but I am not sure of ovulation. I just started metformin a month ago at 250mg, I am moving up in two weeks, I am doing great on it. We are getting married in June and we been not preventing for 4 years but nothing so the doc thinks the met may help, I was just wanting to try these test to see if it would give me some direction or hope of ovulation, and seeing what might happen thanks :?:

Honestly if you have a period every month, I would think you ARE in fact ovulating. I have PCOS and I go from one extreme to another because of annovulation. Either I bleed ALL the time, or I go a long time without bleeding. I've been taking Metformin since June and it has helped so much. After jumpstarting my cycle with Provera in October, I did ovulate in Dec and Jan (after 5 yrs of not ovulating) but am on a really long cycle now since my chemical in Feb.

The OPKS should work for you. If you're seeing positive OPKS all the time, though, you may want to see if your LH levels are off. If that was the case, you may not be able to use the OPKs. They work great for me, but my LH and FSH are pretty normal even though my cycles are crazy.

Thanks I have the fertlity test will take tomorrow morning, so we see if I get some good news since the metformin, it maybe that I need to get under 200 lbs and be a little more active then I already am...:thumbup:

If you're insulin resistant (I am) then 250 mg might not be enough. I take a total of 1500 mg a day.

Great day today, been on the metformin almost a month and feel great a lil sleepy but great feeling, I have not weighed in yet maybe tomorrow since TOM is in town, I also am going to be moving up in 2 weeks to the 500mg, I took a frist responce fertility test and it was a strong positve of fertility level so maybe the metformin is starting to help, I have a monthly cycle on time about every 30-33 days, so now I am going to try using the ovulation kits to see, has anyone with pcos have problems with them or have they helped with TTC ...:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->