PCOS - Metformin cycle buddy club

xshell79

Reaction score
PCOS - Metformin cycle buddy club :flower:

I thought it would be nice to have our own thread to help each other along the journey in ttc when we all have something in common PCOS......

No matter how long, or where you are in your cycle we all need support and help along the way.... :hugs:

https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/womenshealth/facts/pcos.htm

Good luck to everyone i hope your ttc journey is short and you all get your extra sticky beans xxxxx :baby:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

A little about me......

well im shell im 30 nearly 31 soon, I had a mc at 6wks in jan so my gp refered me to a gyno and was diagnosed with pcos in july after having blood test showing i have a hormone imbalance ( high lh) so been on metformin for about 6/7 wks hoping this will help me ovulate more often even thow ovaries look fine!

can i join?
sorry for ur loss hunny x

my names Sian im 26 OH is 24. I was diagnosed with PCOS a few wks ago and have been put on metforming now up to 3 a day 1500mg. we have been ttc for 15months and nothing!!!

im am currently on CD 60 aarrghh! xxx

course hunni more the merrier........ i noticed theres lots of pcos threads and thought 1 big one would be good and get us all together...........

im on met i take 1500mg daily was realy hard the first 2/3 wks but im glad ive persisted with it thow as its got so much beter .. i dnt seem to crave sweet things and feel alot beter in myself... ive noticed my afs are realy heavy now but i dnt seem to suffer with cramps so its gd and bad!

im taking soy (iso flavones cd3-7 160mg) to help me ovulate as i need to lose 3 and half stone before i can have clomid ...ggrrr also taking b6 50mg daily to help with luteal phase and progestrone ...and pregnacare conception

how you finding the met? u having any symptoms?

thank hun,

this is my 2nd day on 1500mg! the first two wks were making me feel ill, but think they've just settled themselves in now! a few niggles here and there but nothing to bad!

on CD60 now and was scnned on Cd46, they saw a big follicle and doc suggested i would Ov that wk! had a pos OPK on CD 49ish and waiting for bloods now to see if i Oved for sure! I have had a gutsful of this cycle! I want either i sticky bean or for AF to show so i too can start the soy next month!!

I have lost a stone and BMI is under 30 but theu wont give me clomid till i try the met first!
Hope that we both get our BFP's soon xx

i have my blood test tomo at 8dpo as i couldnt go today due to work being short staffed im well annoyed as i wnt have an acurate progestrone results to see if i deffinatly have ov'd this cycle but im hoping to see a bit of difference with my lh level thow..

fx uve ov'd hun and progestrones high becuz of a sticky bean! xx

hi :hi:
i am 27 nearly 28 and hubby is 35, we have been trying for over 4 years. i have been diagnosed with pcos several months ago. i was given metformin by the endo, when going up to 2000mg i experienced bad cramps etc so took myself off of it. i then got given slow release and it didnt help. so i decided not to take it. weightloss slowed down so i have gone back on it. am suffering today with a really upset tummy, am only taking 2 lots of 1 500mg tablet! i also have hypothyroidism and am on thyroxine.
am seeing a fs and need to lose another 2.5 stone by march when i next see her. she will then consider ivf. i have tried soy this cycle and no positive opk as yet!
good to have this thread, i previously started one in ltttc but its difficult to keep on track with it! xx

Sorry your having a bad time with met Hun hope side effects lessen soon. Xx. Have u tried the gi diet it helped lessen the side effects as I was very strict to what I ate and gradualy got back to normal . I took soy this cycle too fx it works for us . What cd or u Hun?

Hey! I am on cd16 today Hun. Am trying to do Low gi where possible. Am currently doing weightwatchers!
Good luck with today's bloods, did you ov on day 14? I reckon one day out will be fine XX

My ff chart reckons I ovd on cd12 due to soy so will no in a wk or so!

Morning!
Thankfully no upset tummy yesterday from the met! Fxd none today either. Cd17 and hoping for positive opk today as yesterday was getting darker.
Shel-the cd21 bloods should be done 7dpo so if you ovd day 12 you should do the test on day 19 Hun. Sorry if you already know that xxx

i couldnt get time of work on 7dpo as i had to fast too for glucose test aswell so had to go 8dpo ...looks like af is coming early anyway had big temp drop so looks like my last cycle with af at 10dpo! ggrrr

hope u get a pos opk soon hun keep bding xx

hey girls, 9/10DPO today and spotting! gutted!
prog levels at 7/8DPO were 19.81 so think i o'd but levels shud be higher!
Think im out for sure this month! met been giving my dodgy tummy again xx

hey ladies, how r u all today?
im also on metformin due to IR and pcos.... im on cd 28 and probly will have a 38 day cycle like last month. im only taking 1 metformin a day right now @ 500mgs. im trying to bump it up but i feel like crap when i do....yes im supposed to be taking 3 a day =1500mgs. ive been on it on and off since july. most of the time i forgot to take it or to eat so i didnt take it. i know i just need to suck it up and do it

Has metformin caused your cycle to become longer? My cycles have been every 30-35 days, and now I havent had a cycle since July 25....I took a few preg test up until about a week ago, then just decided if I didnt get a BFP by then, then I wasnt pregnant. My bbs are sore, cramping, EWCM and soft closed cervix..not sure what is going on. Going to the doc 9/23 to see what is going on!

it is hard taking met but it does get easier i normaly take 3 a day but sometimes 2 if i forget or have no tablets with me if we go out for lunch...

ive enroled in a womens only gym today got induction tomo then i shud be well away and hopefully lose some weight so i can get clomid in the near future...but for now im trying soy!!

i think the met made me have shorter luteal phase as i used to have a 14/15 day lp last cycle was 9day lp and im only 10dpo at mo so will see what the nxt few days bring as my temps are heading down!!!

anyone else had shorter lp with met if they chart/temp?

mbma5--- i got told it can take 3 months to take effect but not sure if it makes af disappear like that thow..must be so fustrating hun... if ur deffo not preg then perhaps ask ur doc to give u something to bring on af and start a fresh!! xx

hi girls can i join in?

I've been on met now since may this year, and at my full dose of 3x 500mg a day.

I love the stuff tbh and fortunately iv never had any side effects, i had a provera induced bleed in may and started taking it then and every month since that iv had AF. Im now down to 29 day cycles and currently on cd2 of my 5th cycle on met.

only problem is i still dont believe im ovulating :( first 3 months i kept track of temps and did OPK's and they never shown any signs of O. Im thinking of taking agnus castus aswel cause iv got a long wait til my next GYN appointment Feb 2011!

Good luck to everyone

Lx

got my smiley yesterday on day 18! so fxd i ov today! wont be able to do my bloods as i am away on holiday next week.
well done on joining the gym shel, hope your induction goes ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->